Air compressors are responsible for running air tools that compresses air. To make them run in a better way, its crucial to maintain them. Since they don't require daily cleaning, people often neglect to maintain them. These machines are quite expensive and consists of spare parts that are costly. Therefore, it's crucial to maintain it regularly to avoid costly repairs and to get better performance.
Few tips for maintaining air compressors are:
1. Read and Follow the Manufacturer's Manual : Whenever you make a purchase, the seller provides you a manual which consists of instructions regarding usage, repair and cleaning tips. Following these simple instructions while operating the device can help in preventing performance issues. If you don’t know how to operate an air compressor, you are likely voiding its warranty.
2. Drain The Moisture From The Tanks : In case, you are residing in a humid climate, the chances are that the receiver tank will collect the air moisture. Most tanks consists of a valve that is used for draining the accumulated moisture. Its necessary to drain this tank regularly to avoid any corrosion or rusting process. Don't forget to release the air pressure before draining the water or moisture.
3. Clean Intake Vents : If you are compelling an air compressor to work harder, chances are that it will degrade faster and consume more energy. Always keep the air intake vents as clean as possible. This will prevent dust and dirt accumulation and simultaneously, the machine will work smoothly.
4. Tighten All the Fasteners : Since air compressor engine vibrates while running, its screws, nuts, bolts and other hardware are prone to loosen up quickly. In case you notice any jiggling or unusual noise, inspect and tighten the hardware components.
5. Check Hoses Regularly : Hoses acts as the lifeline of the compressor. They can corrode or crack with time and usage, which will compel the air to leak. Inspect the air hoses periodically. If you find them damaged or cracked, get them replaced from compressor repair technicians.
6. Test the Safety Shutdown System : All air compressors Brampton consists of a built in safety shut down system. Its function is to auto shut down the machine if its getting too hot, or the engine oil pressure is getting too low. Testing this safety feature once in a month, will prevent the machine from faults and will ensure a longer life.
These are the few easy tips that are helpful in maintaining an air compressor. Mac-Air Compressor Ltd. is a reputed company that specializes in sales of new/used refurbished reciprocates, rotary vanes, screw models, air dryers and air filtration systems in Brampton.