The human Resources department is essentially the backbone of any office and an important part of corporate culture these days. Often heard of as human relations department, it oversees and guides a few important functions in any organisational structure.
What is the purpose of a human resource department?
While the common misconception of a human resource department is that it oversees the hiring and training of new employees, there are many other functions that include streamlining processes in the company and serving as the medium between the management and the employee. The human resource development focuses on framing the company policies and also handling corporate disputes within the organisations. Additional functions include keeping the employees updated on certain laws that include personal safety and discrimination.
Why is training necessary
Already having established that HR is an important part of any organisation, it is also essential that both employees and managers get the necessary training.
- Must understand the importance of a human resource development in regulating the organisation
- Must know the right laws of the organisation and the common disputes that might arise
- Must be able to adapt themselves to the special laws particular to the organisation
- Must be able to understand common problems and mediate solutions
- Must not favour any person / management
- Must focus on the right way to solve common issues within the organisation
- Must be able to mediate with minimal compromises
Significance of HR Training
HR Training is important for selecting, interviewing and hiring new employees. A HR department employee must train themselves in the acumen of the right process and be able to filter the right candidates for the various vacancies in the organisation.
The HR Training focuses on the right questions to ask, and evaluate the candidate based on the responses. Training must also include the nuances of the screening process. It advises the trainee on the right questions to ask and the questions to avoid (including really personal questions or those about religion that are irrelevant to the functioning in the organisation)
Function of HR Training
- The human resource department frames the company policies, and issues constant pamphlets about the policies of the company including those related to harassment, discrimination.
- The HR department must learn about the training methods of the company they work for so they can choose the proper training for the new recruits.
- HR Training includes learning how to train new employees about the email and voicemail for communication inside the office
The human resource (relation) department is focused on improved employee performance and also manages employee satisfaction. HR trainers also are important people who mediate all employees and serve as a common medium between the top brass. Every HR employee must be trained to know the right decisions to take and the best things to do for the welfare of the organisation.
HR learning center is the perfect HR partner for all your workplace employment law challenges.
About The Company
The HR Learning Center mission is to help employers navigate through the alphabet soup of employment laws. HRLearningCenter.com knows that employers who act proactively to comply with the employment laws will be reducing their litigation costs and expenses significantly.