In Summer, Shimla is best place to visit due to the its cool temperature. In winter it’s popular due to snowfall. You can enjoy snowfall in month of December and January.
- Mall Road : This is the main street in Shimla. Constructed during British colonial rule, the Mall road is located a level below the ridge. For this reason, the locals — and tourists(including Indian and foreign) — are often found strolling on this road in the evenings.Mall road has a number of showrooms, department stores, shops, restaurants and cafes.
- Church Situated on the Ridge Christ Church is the second oldest church. It has a very majestic appearance and inside there are stained glass windows which represent faith, hope, charity, fortitude, patience and humility.
- Jakhu Hill: 2 km from Shimla, at a height of 8,000 ft, Jakhu Hill is the highest peak an offers a beautiful view of the town and of the snow-covered Himalayas. At the top of the hill, is an old temple of Lord Hanuman, which is also the home of countless playful monkeys waiting to be fed by all visitors.
- Shimla State Museum: The museum, which was opened in 1974, has tried to protect hill-out and the cultural wealth of the state. There is a collection of miniature Pahari paintings, sculptures, bronzes wood-carvings and also costumes, textiles and jewellery of the region.
- Summer Hill is Situated at a distance of 5 km from the Ridge is the lovely township of Summer Hill, at a height of 6,500 ft on the Shimla-Kalka railway line. Mahatma Gandhi lived in these quiet surroundings during his visits to Shimla. Himachal Pradesh University is situated here.
- Sankat Mochan: A very famous Lord Hanuman temple is located here.
- Mashobra: 13 km from Shimla, site of the annual Sipi fair in June.
- Kufri 16 km from Shimla at a height of 8,600 ft, Kufri is the local winter sports centre, and it also has a small zoo.
- Chail was built as summer retreat by the Maharaja of Patiala during the British Raj, it is known for its cricket pitch, the highest in the world.
- Tattapani: Location of sulphur springs which are found near the Tatapani mandir (holy temple)
- New Shimla: The main residential area of Shimla.
Local transport in Shimla is by bus or private vehicles. Buses ply frequently on the circular road surrounding the city centre. Heavy local transport can be seen between Shimla and its major suburbs which include Sanjauli, Kasumpti, Summer Hill, Totu and New Shimla. Tourist taxis are also an option for out of town trips. Locals typically traverse the city on foot. Private vehicles are prohibited on the Mall, Ridge and nearby markets.
Shimla is well-connected by road. National Highway 22(NH 22) connects Shimla to the nearest big city of Chandigarh. Shimla is connected by road to all the major towns. HRTC (Himachal Road Transport Corporation) runs 24 daily bus services between Delhi to Shimla (including 7 luxury Volvo services). Buses from Chandigarh to Shimla are available round the clock. Distance between major towns and Shimla:
National Highway 22 connects Shimla to the city of Chandigarh.
Shimla Airport is at Jubbarhatti, 23 kilometres (14 mi) from the city. Currently, there are no regular commercial flights to the city. The nearest major airport is Chandigarh Airport in Chandigarh about 116 km away.
Shimla railway station
The scenic Kalka Shimla Railway, a narrow gauge track, is listed in the Guinness Book of Records for the steepest rise in altitude in a distance of 96 km. Kalka, the plains rail terminus, has daily departures to major Indian cities. The city boasts a total of three railway stations with Shimla the main station and two others located at Summer Hill and Totu (Jutogh) respectively. It was built to connect Shimla, the summer capital of India during the British Raj, with the Indian rail system. The route is famous for its scenery and improbable construction.
In 2007, the government of Himachal Pradesh declared the railway a heritage property.
KALKA-SHIMLA : The former 'Summer Capital' of the Raj, Shimla is an important
destination for holiday makers. Come summer or snow, tourists rush to Shimla either to beat the heat or to catch snow flakes drifting down.
Four premium services for travellers on the Kalka-Shimla section are available :
A)The Deluxe Rail Motor Car is a visual delight as it resembles a bus of the Second World War vintage. Carrying 14 passengers at a time, it reaches its destination in 4.25 hrs. The car is fitted with a transparent fibre-glass roof, for a clear view of the sky and if one is lucky, one can look up at the rain or snow without getting soaked. Digital time-cum-temperature display unit, altimeter and route indication board gives valuable information while travelling.
B)Shivalik Deluxe Express is a connecting service to Howrah-Kalka Mail for Shimla. It accommodates 120 passengers and reaches its destination in 4.45 hrs. The coaches are equipped with wall-to-wall carpeting, wide glass windows and reversible cushioned chairs. Improved lighting and a music system creates a pleasant atmosphere. The fare for both Deluxe Rail Motor Car and Shivalik Deluxe Express is Rs. 340/- with a complimentary meal at the picturesque Railway Station Barog
C) The Shivalik Palace Tourist Coach provides a luxurious ambience for a dream holiday. It can accommodate a part of six persons and is equipped with folding cushioned bed, refrigerator, on-board-kitchen and dining table with cushioned chairs. Booked for a tariff of Rs. 4790/- in the up and Rs. 3495/- in the down direction, fare includes complimentary accommodation of two luxurious retiring rooms at Shimla for the day and free meals enroute.
D) A comparatively late entrant on the Kalka-Shimla section is the Shivalik Queen, which is a luxury coach. It is divided into two portions consisting of two coupes each. The coach is equipped with ultramodern facilities and fittings like wall-to-wall carpets, altimeter, fancy lights, chrome plated luggage rack.
Yups trips provide Best, budget, cheap hotel booking sites/websites to travelers. We provide hotels at reasonable rates with all the facilities like parking, Restaurant, Wi-fi etc. Our main focus is to fulfill the dreams of low middle income group, who want to travel but due to high prices of hotels they are able to travel.
Although we provide all categories of hotels whether it is five star or two star. We provide hotels with Pictures, reviews and online confirmation with 24*7 support. We provide hotels at almost all the locations.
We are in also a process to start the flights bookings for both Indian and international.