Andrew Carnegie, a billionaire industrialist once said that “Ninety percent of all millionaires become so through owning real estate.” And this one line particularly sums up what importance real estate entails as a whole. Real estate is a numbers game. And in between the gamble of investors’ swing moods, and the various dominants that drive the market, there is a real estate agent, the chief make-it-happen officer who juggles with a myriad of tasks, responsibilities and ensures that everything falls into place. With such risks, competition and an unpredictable market, working in real estate can sometimes feel like an impossible task. Still hundreds and thousands of people aspire to work and succeed in the same industry. But what is it that distinguishes a real estate agent from another? Well, the key to success in real estate is being more productive than your peers. And by productivity we do not mean running between fires every day, by productivity we mean smart decision making, and putting in efforts & focusing on what’s important for a long term success.
To better understand, below are a few ways to make the most out of each day as a professional real estate agent:
1. Prioritise What’s Important: We’re all gifted with the same 24 hours in a day. But some of us use this time wisely to build legacies that will outlive us. So being a professional with a lot on the plate, the primary way to increase productivity is to prioritise what’s important, and keep track of what you need to accomplish for the day. To keep track of priorities, you need an asset which is handy, and is easily manageable, and if we talk about something that is handy, what’s better then a mobile app? Yes, you read it right, a mobile real estate CRM is what you need to keep you and your business moving.
2. Manage Your Time: Once you are done prioritising what’s important, the next key aspect of enhancing productivity is knowing what requires your most and least time and efforts. Do you know, the biggest difference between agents who are renowned and the ones who still struggle is that the successful ones have become incredible at managing their time and staying focused on what really matters, and the latter aren’t. So, if you don’t block off or manage your time to systematically work for your business endeavors, you will be chronically stuck in a scramble mode. You’ll always have a lot on your plate and will probably never feel all caught up, which is ultimately going to hamper your productivity and your will to work.
3. Opt for smart systems and processes: When your profession involves continuous engagement with clients, and numerous meticulous tasks, getting systems and processes in place to handle your daily work streamlines productivity and enables you to efficiently handle more volume where it matters and prevents the issues that can potentially spark the fires. So, as you aim to increase productivity, put forward your first step & get your hands on an unparalleled real estate software, and then just pledge to bulk up on anything and everything that automates your processes and frees up your time to be a more competent lead generator.
4. If You Can’t Automate Delegate: You might have heard “Jack of all trades, master of none”. This figure of speech is used in reference to a person who has dabbled in many skills, rather than gaining expertise by focusing on one and this certainly can be one big mistake if you are planning to do everything on your own. Always intend to build a strong team of players whose skills offset and augment your own, but never outsource your own core competency. Pay people to do the things that are important but that you’re not good at. And most importantly as you delegate responsibilities, make sure that you spare time with them on a regular basis and work with them proactively and not just when there’s a fire to put out.
5. Streamline Data & your communication: Real estate agents often run around for meetings and take random notes, manage documents and exchange numerous emails. But in this fast-paced environment, isn’t it really easy to lose the communication channel or track the source of information in the pile of unkempt data. Of course it is. So in order to enhance and streamline your way of working and communicating, the best you could do is opt for a real estate software or a competent real estate CRM that helps realtors in communicating, managing contacts, automating activities and staying organized with a smooth sales pipeline, thus helping you to be more productive and result oriented.
In a nutshell, there are numerous things that you, as a professional can do to ensure that you are productive and focused at what you do, but what you need to remember is that the essence of success when it comes to real estate is smart decision making, crisp valuable communications and being aware of what’s going around you. Although, we agree that work may be a little different than usual right now, with some little adjustments, work can continue and you can succeed. So pull up your socks, streamline your responsibilities, and you are good to go and conquer your competition.