A shopping cart is called abandoned when a potential customer adds a product to the cart but leaves the website without purchasing it. According to a study, the average cart abandonment rate is nearly 70% that means out of 100 customers, 70 customers do not complete their orders after initiating the purchase. There are various common reasons for this such as complicated and time-consuming checkouts, unexpected high shipping costs, having to create a new account, etc. Due to cart abandonment, not only do you lose a sale but also a potential customer who will never buy products from you. Now the questions arise, how do you get this lost sale back.
With the Magento 2 Abandoned cart module, you can remind your customers about their incomplete orders by sending them regular follow-up emails. You can encourage them to re-visit your store by offering them discounts and coupon codes in the email. The Magento 2 Abandoned cart extension keeps analyzing the user's behavior on the online store, marks abandoned carts, and sends follow-up emails automatically after a specified period. This way, you can easily recover your lost sales. Let's take a look at the main features of the extension.
Key Features of the Magento 2 Email Follow up module:
1. The extension analyzes user's shopping behavior and tracks the abandoned carts on the online store. The admin can specify the time duration after which the cart will be marked as abandoned.
2. After tracking the abandoned carts, the Magento 2 Abandoned cart email follow-up module sends follow-up emails to the customers after a specified time delay.
3. The store admin can send discounted and non-discounted email templates to the customers. The Magento 2 Abandoned cart recovery email extension offers ready-made email templates that can be modified from the back end of the extension. The admin can also create new templates if he wants to.
4. The Magento 2 Email Follow up extension allows the store admin to display a Popup reminder to the customers as soon as they log in to their accounts. The popup displays the products which were added by the customers along with the coupon code. The extension allows the store admin to create or modify templates for the Popup reminder from the back end.
5. With the Magento 2 Reduce Cart Abandonment extension, you can also send web browser notifications to your customers when they are not active on your website. Web browser notifications can re-engage them and encourage them to come back to your store. The extension allows the store admin to add push notification reminders from the back end. The store admin can also offer discount coupon codes in the push notifications.
6. The tracked abandoned carts and converted carts can be viewed at the back end of the Magento 2 Cart Abandoned module. From the back end of the extension, you can also check the products added by the customers in the abandoned carts.
7. The store admin can also compare both the abandoned carts and converted carts from the Analytics tab to get a better idea of the current performance of the follow-up emails.
8. The admin can easily review all the emails before sending them to the customers with the test mode functionality. He can enable the Test mode from the back end of the extension and can add a test email address on which he can send all the emails to review.
9. The Magento 2 abandoned cart reminder is desktop, tablet, and mobile responsive. It is also compatible with multi-languages.
For more details about the extension, kindly visit: