The carcinoma of the blood, bone marrow or the lymphatic system is termed as blood cancer. There are three types of blood cancer:
1) Leukemia is a condition when the blood itself becomes malignant or it has cancer cells in it.
2) Lymphoma is the development of the malignant tumors in the lymph system.
3) Myeloma also called as plasma cells cancer. The plasma cells produce antibodies and are found in the bone marrow.
Blood Cancer Causes:
The blood cancer can be caused due to various reasons:
- Due to presence of certain kinds of chemical like benzene in the body
- On exposure to the natural or artificial radiation
- Because if certain genetic factors
- Due to some viruses like the human T-Lymphotropic Virus
What are the Symptoms of Blood Cancer?
Some of the explicit symptoms of leukemia blood cancer are:
2) Bone and joint pain
3) Recurrent infections
4) Abdominal distress
5) Difficulty in breathing or dyspnea
Other symptoms include:
- Inbone fractures due to minimal body strain
- Weakness, breathlessness, weariness and Malaise
- Unusual bleeding in the gums, nose
- Enlarged abdominal organs, leading to lumps or abdominal swelling or distension
- Enlargement of lymph nodes or glands
- Excessive and undue sweating during night
- Having repeated infections or fever
- Weight loss
- Delirium and confusion
- Abdominal and back pain
- Difficulty while urinating and decreased urination
- Incidences of the visual difficulties and headaches
How is Blood Cancer Diagnosed?
The blood cancer can be detected through the following tests:
- Bone marrow biopsy
- Blood tests
- Lymph node biopsy
What are the treatments for blood cancer?
Leukemia is cancer of the blood cells and most of the blood cells are formed in the bone marrow. The cancerous blood cell formation that crowd out the healthy blood cells in the bone marrow is leukemia. The type of treatments for blood cancer depends on the type of blood cells that has become cancerous.
The patients with blood cancer require to undergo special treatments since a bunch of cancers has developed in the blood cells and these treatments include:
1) Chemotherapy: During this treatment, the anti-cancer drugs of strong chemicals are given to the patient in order to kill the cancer cells.
2) Radiation therapy: During this therapy, high energy radiation rays are focused on the cancer tumor cells that destroy the cancerous cells.
3) Bone marrow transplantation: Also known as a cord blood transplant is a process to replace the unhealthy bone marrow with healthy ones. The bone marrow transplantation can be used to treat the patients with life-threatening blood cancers like the leukemia.
4) Progenitor or stem cell transplantation: It is a treatment for some types of cancer. If you have leukemia, multiple myeloma or some types of lymphoma then the doctors will also treat blood diseases and blood cancers with stem cell transplantation.
5) Interferon therapy: This therapy slows down the rate of reproduction of the cancer cells by giving more time to the immunity system for anti-leukemia activity.
Get Low Cost Blood Cancer Treatment with Indian Medguru Consultant
Indian Medguruis a leading medical group that has association with the top cancer hospitals and the best cancer surgeons in India. We provide assistance to the global patients seeking low cost blood cancer treatment in India without compromising the quality of medical services and care. Indian surgeons are highly skilful and have a wide experience in treating the blood cancer patients with utmost care and compassion. Our medical group ensures that the patients and their family or friends accompanying them to undergo blood cancer treatment in India are comfortable throughout their medical trip in India.
Read More About Blood Cancer Treatment in India: