Creatinine is the waste produced in the blood due to muscle metabolism. The function of the kidneys includes filtration of creatinine and other waste products present in the body. Once the filtration process is completed, waste is thrown out of the body in the form of urine. The timely measurement of creatinine helps with insights into kidney function. Creatinine is present in both urine and blood. There is an ideal level of creatinine and any imbalance to this level indicates the poor health condition. 0.7 to 1.2 mg/dL in men and 0.5 to 1.0 mg/dL in women is the ideal level for the creatinine. High level of creatinine in blood may invite different dangerous conditions such as chronic kidney disease.
A rise in creatinine can cause many problems for the health of the kidneys and other organs related to it. A routine test helps in the measurement of the creatinine levels. It is important to understand the factors that can elevate the level of creatinine in the blood. Therefore, a person could look after his condition better and prevent the causes if he or she is unknowingly doing anything that is affecting the creatinine level negatively. In modern treatment, certain medicines are used to bring the level of creatinine down. In addition, dialysis is performed for the filtration of the blood. However, it is not necessary that these medicines would benefit the kidneys or 100% reduce the creatinine level. Ayurvedic medicine for creatinine includes herbs and some edible roots that effectively bring down the level of creatinine. Factors responsible for the elevation of creatinine in the blood are-
1. Creatine supplements 2. Drug abuse 3. Dehydration 4. Less flow of blood to kidneys 5. Heavy exercises 6. Excess consumption of protein 7. Persistent severe illness 8. Infections 9. Shock 10. Tumour 11. Diabetes 12. Hepatitis B and C, Syphilis, HIV 13. Lupus
Apart from all these reasons, if the glomerulus is not working properly it may cause an increased level of creatinine in blood and decreased level in the urine. Let us read about some measures suggested by Ayurveda that can help to bring the level of creatinine down.
Ayurveda and high creatinine
God has majorly hoarded the herbs in Ayurveda with amazing medicinal quality. One herb can do numerous wonders to the kidneys and any other affected organ of the body. Ayurveda is the ancient treatment method that is native to India. In the present scenario, we can see that a large population is majorly inclined towards the modern and allopathic treatment methods. What according to you is the reason behind it?
People these days are living a hectic schedule and got no time for anything extra, not even their health. Ayurveda demands tranquil care of the body and all the other measure that are involved in the treatment of any particular disease. It has been widely noticed that people choose allopathy over Ayurveda just to skip all these care. Little did they know that modern tablets and surgeries are nowhere around Ayurveda. Ayurvedic medicine for high creatinine can bring down the level of waste in the blood. Firstly, let us talk about certain routine changes that can be highly helpful.
1. Reducing the amount of protein in food would be beneficial. People often eat cooked red meat, which increases the creatinine level in the body. Red meat is the muscle a tissue of the animal that are already rich in creatine and while cooking it, this creatine breaks down in simpler forms, creatinine. Eating this meat will automatically increase the creatinine level in the body. Therefore, if you were doing any mistakes like this quit it right now and replace it with other healthy protein. Also, monitor the intake of protein in the diet.
2. Eating food rich in dietary fiber will also benefit the person. Dietary fibers efficiently manage the creatinine level. Fruits, plant food, vegetables, whole grains, etc contain good amount of dietary fiber.
3. No matter what the condition is, always stay hydrated. Dehydration can easily elevate the level of creatinine in the blood. Dehydration does not only mean that you will feel thirsty in the absence of water in the body but it will cause dizziness and fatigue in a person. Dehydration also puts pressure on cardiovascular systems that can be a life-threatening condition.
4. Only Ayurvedic medicine to lower creatinine level would not do anything if a person will keep on doing heavy exercises. Exercise is generally healthy for the body but as we know excess of anything is bad, excess of exercise can also escalate the level of creatinine in the blood. Instead of doing these heavy exercises, do yoga or meditation or go for a short walk so that without putting any pressure on the kidneys one can attain good health and prevent the further progression of creatinine.
5. The allopathic doctor may suggest supplements that can be helpful for the reduction of creatinine in blood but these supplements can affect the health badly. It will be a good option to choose herbal supplements instead of these chemical-rich supplements. Moreover, some supplements contain creatine already and lend a hand in elevating the level of creatinine. Switching to an herbal supplement is like killing two birds with one stone. It will naturally bring the level of creatinine down without any major side effects on the body.
Given below are some of the herbs that can reduce the level of creatinine in blood.
1. Dandelion root is a flower whose root contains medicinal quality. The medicinal extract of these roots omits the toxic elements from the body and naturally brings down the level of blood creatinine. The right way to consume this herb is to prepare a tea out of the roots and drink it.
2. Another Ayurvedic medicine for creatinine is chamomile tea. The antioxidants of this tea easily remove the waste from the body and reduce the level of creatinine in blood. This is an herbal tea and three to four cups of this tea could do wonders to the body.
3. Corn silk is another herb used for the removal of excess creatinine from the body. The anti-inflammatory property of this herb supports the bladder to withstand the bacteria and escalates the urine excretion. Two spoonfuls of dry corn silk will help in creatinine reduction.
4. Another herb is sage. This is also an herbal tea that can effectively reduce the level of creatinine in blood. It can be consumed daily.
5. Barley is a natural kidney detox. It decreases the level of nitrogen in blood urea and reduces the sugar level as well. Moreover, it improves digestion.