Proteinuria is an abnormal loss of protein in the urine. It happens because of the damaged Glomerulus of kidneys. Many factors lead to the situation of Proteinuria. One such factor is the consumption of medicines.
Knowingly or unknowingly, we consume the deadly tablets even for a minor headache. But are they really helpful? Do we think twice about the causes and side effects that are going to hit the body in some time?
The answers would be no. Why? Because our lives have become busy and occupied that we cannot think of anything else but instant reliefs.
Following are the types of medicines that put an adverse on the functioning of kidneys and the rest of the organs:
• Overconsumption of painkillers & antibiotics • Dyes used during the screening tests • Consumption of illegal drugs
Consumption of painkillers & antibiotics: Whenever we suffer from a pain that is happening because of any random situation like cramp and wounds, we seek the advice of a general physician and he recommends few medicines including painkillers & antibiotics. We get a sigh of relief right after the consumption of that little pill and sleep. But after that, what happens next? Naah! That is the thing we forget and disorders like Proteinuria gets developed. Pills like painkillers & antibiotics are made with chemical salts that are hard to digest and filter out from the body. The excess pressures on kidneys’ tiny filters Glomerulus, then start to get damaged and hence open the doors for diseases and disorders to enter.
Dyes used during screening tests: Screening or imaging tests like CT-Scan and MRI Scan are done by applying certain dyes that are chemically made. These dyes become harmful to kidneys and land in different complicated situations.
Consumption of Illegal drugs: Illegal drugs like heroin, cocaine, and ecstasy boost the blood pressure of the human body. These drugs may lead to situations when you become more prone to stroke, heart failure, and at the time even death. These were the types of medicines that behave like a helping hand in the occurrence of disorder Proteinuria.
Now we will talk about “How Proteinuria is caused and how to identify the condition?”
How Proteinuria is caused?
There are always a few reasons behind the happening of either an event or a disease, so does Proteinuria. Following are the causes of Proteinuria:
• Diabetes • High blood pressure • Overconsumption of drugs and narcotics • Alcohol • Obesity • Trauma • Age factors • Family history of kidney diseases • Auto-immune diseases • Weaker immunity system • Preeclampsia • Frequent infections in the renal system
How to know if it is Proteinuria only?
The condition of leakage of protein is often confused with other disorders like Nephrotic syndrome and Albuminuria, but Proteinuria has a little different situation and symptoms:
• Swelling in feet & hands • Yellow, dark yellow or changed color of urine. • Nausea & vomiting • Inflammation while urinating • Abnormal pain in the abdominal area • Dry skin • Shortness of breath • Lost appetite • Foamy or bubbly pee. • Weight increase because of liquid retention. • Diminished hunger. • Puffy eyes. • Increased or decreased output of urine. • The pale color of the urine. • Blood in the urine. • A sudden change of diet. • Weakness in the body. • Muscle cramps.
What types of tests can help in the diagnosis?
Three types of tests can help in knowing the amount of protein leaked from the body and how much damage has been done and they are:
• Blood test • Urine test • Kidney biopsy
Blood Test: The parameters of protein leaked from blood can be determined with a sample of blood from your body. Urine Test: The parameters of protein leaked through urine can be determined with a sample of urine collected once or for 24 hours. Kidney biopsy: A little sample of kidney tissue will be taken to determine the physical conditions of kidneys.
What are the risks involved with the condition of leakage of protein in urine?
Following are the risks that are involved with the condition of Proteinuria:
• Weaker immunity • Increased levels of toxins • High blood pressure • Diabetes • Obesity • Kidney infections
If you are suffering from the disorder Proteinuria or any other kidney disease, then feel free to reach out to us at Karma Ayurveda. We have the best of the Ayurvedic treatment to offer for kidney diseases.