Whether male or female, everyone loves shopping. Some do it occasionally as and when required and some use it as a retail therapy to uplift their mood. With an increasing demand of online shopping, shopaholics prefer visiting ecommerce stores than physical stores, thus saving time and effort of hopping from one store to another.
With the growing demand of online shopping and lots of reputed ecommerce portals coming up, these stores are focussing on providing more personalized shopping experience and incentives to the shoppers. Different habits of online shoppers categorize them as varied shopping personalities. Marketers can use this survey to analyse the shopping behaviour of a consumer and increase their sales and margins.
We have highlighted few most common online shopping personality traits as follows :
1. Price conscious Shopper :They always research before buying anything. They might view an item multiple times looking for price drop so that they get full value for money. They always compare the prices on different online portals so as to grab the best deal and lowest HP Laptop price. They also refer to the product reviews and seller feedback so that they are assured of making a right buying decision.
2. Impulsive Shopper : They are impatient shoppers and immediately buy a product as soon as they find the product of their choice or come across great offer or deal. They might end up buying more number of products than they actually require. They can instantly buy products if they get lowest Moto G Turbo priceorWoodland shoes price.
3. Premium Shoppers : These type of buyers go for only high quality branded products without much botheration about the price. They get fascinated by advanced technology and latest and upcoming trends. Usually electronic gadget lovers come under this category who want superior nikon d5300 in indiaor they might look for good quality Canon 6d price in India.
4. Free Shipping hunter : These are those kind of shoppers who might spend few thousand bucks on purchasing the desired product like v guard water heaterbut do not like to spend even a penny on shipping cost. They would not even mind leaving a particular store so that they can find some other option offering the same product at zero shipping cost.
5. Wish list makers : They keep adding products to the cart to keep themselves updated with the latest trends like Samsung Galaxy J3 and not necessarily make any purchase. They track their price and require extra push or may be the best price to complete the purchase.
6. Active Shopper : They keep a track of regular offers and Daily deals offered by reputed ecommerce stores. They like browsing products online across multiple sites. They are pretty sure of what they want to buy and immediately grab it when it is offered at lowest price.
7. Loyal Shopper : These type of shoppers are loyal to a particular store as they are satisfied with its delivery and quality of product. They have joined their loyalty reward programs and will keep on accumulating the points to avail the benefits. They are bit hesistant of buying the desired product from different store even if it is being offered at lower price like Samsung J5 price.
8. Systematic Shopper : They do not shop in a haphazard way and browse the exact product like philips trimmer qt4011, they wish to buy. They often use site navigation and filters until they find the perfect and right match. They don't get lured by marketing messages and gimmics and neither get distracted by any other product suggestion combined with any sort of offer.
By studying the shopping behavioural pattern of consumers, retailers can maximise their sales and profits by making strategic offers.