Horse owners in Australia today are much more fortunate because they have variety of options when it comes to equine maintenance and equipment. If decades ago horse owners had limited horse fencing choices, today is very different. As more researches and experiments became fruitful, fencing systems of today have become more efficient and advanced, giving consumers plethora of selections to choose from. Among the classic types of horse fences used in Australia before is those made of wood. While this type of fencing system is durable and efficient, in addition to being maintenance nightmare, it can also cause injuries to animals and humans as well. As it is, bona fide Australian horse owners prefer flexible horse fence as it provides variety of benefits, of which this article will discuss below.
In comparison with older horse fencing options, flexible horse fences have comparatively and vastly more benefits.
- Human and animal safety is ensured – Flexible horse fencing have better resistant to impact as they are made of materials that are not prone to cracks and splinters. Because of this, horses and even handlers are free from getting injured from cracks or splinters. This helps owners prevent unnecessary expenses on treating minor injuries that the horses may sustain from having easy-to-crack fences.
- They are made of stronger and sounder materials – Since these horse fences are flexible they are much stronger than their older counterparts. These fences are commonly made up of durable plastic materials, which make them more resistant to impacts. Wood fences do not offer this benefit as they can be brittle when they receive massive impact. Since flexible horse fencing is made of stronger materials, maintenance costs are significantly lowered.
- Environmentally friendly – Most of today’s flexible fences are made of materials that are eco-friendly. The common materials used are non-toxic as no arsenics and chlorides are introduced during the manufacturing process. Additionally, flexible fences are easier to recycle.
- Low maintenance cost – With flexible horse fences, maintenance is a breeze. Because of their durability and endurance to impacts and weather changes, it is easy to maintain them. By using quality flexible horse fencing, you can be assured that your maintenance costs will be significantly reduced, giving you more resources to allot for other expenses, such as animal vitamins and feeds. Hence, this type of fencing is best for horse owners with limited budget and those who are trying to lower their maintenance costs.
- They can serve their purpose in all weather – Wood fences are prone to breakage when exposed to shifting weathers. Wear and tear due to weather changes is no problem for flexible horse fencing because they are made of quality materials that were designed to withstand such issue. Hence, it is safe to say that flexible horse fence is more economical as it does not require repairs or replacement as often as their wood fence counterparts.
- Improves aesthetics of the area – If you are looking for fencing system that does not compromise the look and aesthetics of your acreage home or farm, then you would want to choose flexible horse fencing. There are different designs and styles you can choose from, giving you more options as far as aesthetics is concerned.
These benefits put flexible horse fences in the spotlight among other horse fencing systems available in the market today. Furthermore, with these benefits, this type of fencing is best for horse owners that are still starting or even those who are more experienced. If you wish to replace your old fences with flexible ones, you should not have a hard time as there many equine supplies stores in Australia today.