Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a topic that most men do not want to discuss, but an open conversation is must to find out the right solution. The occasional difficulty in obtaining or maintaining an erection is normal. It’s only a problem when a man face regularly difficulty in maintaining or achieving an erection. There are number of different reasons for developing erectile dysfunction. The reason can be physical or psychological
- Branded medicines like Sildenafil citrate (Viagra), Tadalafil (Cialis) and Vardenafil (Levitra).
- Generic medicines like Suhagra, Tadalis, and Silagra etc.
- Penis pumps
- Penis implants
- Lifestyle modifications
- Treatment with herbs or other natural supplements.
- About Sildenafil citrate
- Sildenafil citrate is the active component of the most popular brand Viagra
- The discovery of sildenafil citrate was a breakthrough in the field of sexual medicine.
It is belongs to pharmacological class of drugs known as PDE-5 inhibitors.
It is a prescription based drug.
Mechanism of Action
Sildenafil generic tablets inhibits the action of the enzyme PDE-5 and stops the degradation of cGMP. This inhibitory action leads to increase in the concentration of cGMP. The cGMP is responsible for producing relaxation of smooth muscles and dilation of the blood vessels inside penis .
The dilated blood vessels let more amount of blood to enter into the penis which results in firm and strong erection of penis that gives complete sexual pleasure and sexual satisfaction.
Directions for use
- The widely recommend dose and the most effective dose is 100mg once a day.
- Do not crush, break or chew the tablet.
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with a glass full of water
- This medicine produces the desired action only if consumed 30 to 45 minutes before having sexual intercourse.
- Consume this medicine every 24 hours.
- Take this medicine as per directions of the physician
- Onset of action and Duration of effect
- The effect of this medicine is observed in 30 to 120 minutes after taking the medicine. The onset of action depends on the individual patient’s body physiology. The effect of this medicine lasts for an average duration of 4 hours.
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Inflammation of the skin
- Nasal congestion
- Shortness of breath
- Vision Disturbances
Warnings and precautions
- Avoid simultaneous use of Sildenafil citrate tablets with
- Grapefruit products
- Nitrate drugs
- Other PDE5 inhibitors
- Fatty meals
- Do not drive or operate machinery while on treatment with Sildenafil citrate tablets.
This medicine is not suitable for use in pregnant women, women who are planning pregnancy, nursing mothers and men below 18 years of age.
What in case of a missed dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember.
Skip the dose if it’s almost the time to take next scheduled dose.
Do not consume extra dose in order to compensate for missed dose.
What in case of an drug overdose?
Contact the healthcare provider immediately if you experience symptoms such as headache, blurred vision, nausea, dizziness and fainting, and irregular heartbeat.