Crossfit was developed by Greg Glassman over several decades as he created a fitness program specifically designed to promote and improve health and fitness. The CrossFit program is made up of a series of constantly varied and functional movements that are designed to reflect the best aspects of different sports and exercises such as running, gymnastics, rowing, weightlifting and many others.
These programs are designed to give a person a broad, general degree of fitness that’s supported by observable, measurable and repeatable results so you are ready for any physical contingency.
It really specializes in not specializing in any field, but covering all the exercises for core body development as you can discover for yourself by visiting a CrossFit gym on The Gold Coast.
CrossFit is a fitness program that can challenge the world’s fittest athletes as well as those who have not trained for a long time or even those who have never done any exercise or training because it is scalable depending on an individuals experience and fitness level. It is often called “The sport of fitness”.
A Breakdown of CrossFit
- CrossFit consists of a series of training programs that build strength and conditioning through a variety of varied and challenging workouts.
- Every day the workout tests a different part of a person’s functional stamina, strength and/or conditioning without specializing in any particular aspect.
- CrossFit’s goal is to build your body so that it’s capable of doing almost anything.
- CrossFit Gym is very different from the usual commercial gym.
- The program is designed to provide universal scalability so it is perfect for anyone committed to individual fitness regardless of their experience.
- It does not have individual programs everyone from elderly Grandmothers to people with heart conditions do the same program just to a degree that suits them and their fitness level.
For Every Body But Not for Every Person
- Everyone is capable of doing CrossFit, but it is not for those who want to develop a specialised sport, although many people who do specialised sports also do CrossFit.
- CrossFit is a great place to start for people who want to do weight training and gain overall fitness.
- CrossFit is also great for people who enjoy a gym with a close-knit and supportive community.
- It is also a great place for fitness fanatics to indulge their desires with others who strive for physical excellence.
Is CrossFit Dangerous
- All sports are potentially dangerous, if not done properly and if common sense is not used and you are unsupervised.
- Most CrossFit workouts involve a number of endurance and strength training exercises that are to be completed within a certain amount of time or a number of repetitions to be done as fast as possible.
- The idea is to push yourself to your limits, but not overdo it. When you first start the weights and numbers of repetitions are reduced and you gradually build them up until you can finish in the prescribed time or sooner.
The CrossFit craze has helped many people get super fit and does not look like it will stop as more and more gyms (Box as they are called by those in CrossFit) open all around the nation.