It is great to learn that you have decided to make a career in background verification industry. The next logical step would be to find out the different positions that you can apply to become an integral part of this industry. But, before we look at the different positions and the different skill sets required to excel in the positions in order to ensure a long, fulfilling career, it is important to understand that unlike other industries, working in background verification industry is quite different. You need to be on your toes all the time. The reason being, you will be entrusted with certain critical tasks that will help in scrutinizing the background information of candidates in question.
So, without any further delay, let us start off with the different profiles that you can opt to be an integral part of a background verification industry. If you think you have specific skill sets pertaining to any of the jobs enumerated below you can apply to any of the leading background verification companies in india.
1. Client Coordinator
As a client coordinator you will work as the face of the company wherein your major responsibility would be to speak with the client, i.e.; the accounts manager over the phone, in person or through email and understand their requirements. Your ultimate objective would be to provide excellence in customer service and maximize the client experience. Some of the major skill sets required for this position include: excellent communication skills, pleasant personality, knack of dealing with people and great analytical skills. Some of your job responsibilities will include:
- Document and secure records from the existing customers
- Maintain confidentiality of both candidates and the clients
- Maintaining and developing existing and new customers through proper account support and liaison with internal processing staff
- Handling the client queries and escalation calls and coordinating with HRs, directors and other officials for the verification.
2. Report Writer
Report writers are a crucial part of the background verification process. To become a report writer, you need to have a knack of understanding report structure as per the requirement of the client along with the proficiency in working with databases, spreadsheets and reporting software. Some other duties of a report writer include:
- Documenting and maintaining daily reports by closely working with the end-users
- Gathering report requirements and ensuring proper validation
- Modify existing reports as per the client requirements
3. Quality Reviewer
As a quality reviewer, your job would be to evaluate the quality of data entry work done by data entry operators and case researchers thereby ensuring that the right source of information has been used by cross validating the verification obtained by the operation team. You should also have the knack of finding errors in verification reports and train the operations team to minimize these errors. This makes it significant for you to have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain tracker of your own performance. To grow as a quality reviewer is important to have good knowledge of MS Excel & MS Office.
4. Client Servicing - Team Leader
As a client servicing team leader it would be your duty to manage the client service team of 8-10 client servicing executives and ensuring that delivery standards are met as per the client requirement. Some of your duties will include:
- Ensuring steady progress on client requirements and share monthly reporting deliverables with superiors
- If there are any high priority cases, then you need to work with the operations team for effective results
- Create and execute client service strategies for your organization
- Ensure steady functioning of customer service operations to track and identify high value clients
- Build strong client relationships.
Some of the skill sets that you need to possess in order to excel in the position of a client servicing team leader include: excellent communication skills, go getter attitude, knowledge of MS Office and good man management skills.
Vivek Asrani is a content specialist at cFIRST Background Checks, one of leading employee background verification companies in india. Vivek writes about the various aspects of recruitment technology.