Entrepreneurship is growing by leaps and bounds today. The only way to be a successful entrepreneur though is by using some of the latest tools. These are things your competition is already implementing so without them you’ll suffer in comparison. After all, as an entrepreneur, you should strive to work smarter, not harder. This is why you need to take a few moments to learn about these tools, platforms, services, and technologies – something you can start doing here.
The Importance of Planning and Strategizing
You can’t expect to create a profitable business if you don’t know where you’re going or how to get there. Think of this as your roadmap: You wouldn’t plan a trip without one so you shouldn’t create a business without a plan either. In Business Phoenix says your business plan will help you think through issues and understand problems you may encounter along the way. According to Business 2 Community, this strategy will be different for each business because you need to consider what will work for your business. You need to know where you’re heading and how you’ll get there. This is why you need to look at each area of your business and develop a vision statement and a mission statement that’s based on your strategic objectives.
Create a Marketing Plan
It's important to build an authentic relationship with your customers by trying to add value to their lives. This is what your marketing plan should be built on. The entrepreneur says there are some strategies you should use here, including:
- Use social media. Doing so will get easier and easier over time. You can also hire a social media manager to help you here if you can afford to do so. Otherwise just focus on being yourself – being authentic. Post your thoughts, products, and anything that you find relevant and useful.
- Create video tutorials that teach people something useful. They’ll help you quickly get the word out about your business and boost your sales.
- Start blogging if you don’t already have one for your business. Guest blog on other blogs that have a lot of visibility too. This includes getting involved with authority blogging on platforms like Medium and LinkedIn. While you’re at it, take time to answer questions on Quora and Reddit. These sites have massive audiences, so you’ll have an instant and immediate reach. Don’t just post a bunch of junk here though. Always strive to add value.
- Understand SEO instead of being frightened by it. This is a powerful tool. When leveraged correctly you can give your business a huge boost. This means you should never spam keywords and always create content for humans. Make sure the content is insightful, engaging, unique, and valuable.
- Find and leverage the right influencers – even if they’re micro-influencers with smaller audiences.As long as you’re targeting the right audience to spread your message to, you’ll capitalize on your investment in a big way.
- Build a great lead magnet. This means identifying the right pain points and presenting a great solution through an ebook, a cheat sheet, a checklist, or a video that leads to a squeeze page with sizzling sales copy will get people to drop into your sales funnel.
- Use Facebook ads with re-targeting to easily reach a very specific audience (e.g. interest, age, relationships status, geographic location).
- Use LinkedIn to passively market your business and form new connections with other business owners.
- Create an affiliate program so you have help with your marketing.
- Use email marketing sequences with automated messages that are sent to users once they subscribe to your list. This helps you build a relationship with them as long as you’re authentic and transparent.
Utilize These Tools
Entrepreneur says there are some tools that will help you implement all these strategies. They include:
- Slack simplifies team communication so you don’t get a bunch of notifications at once or missa message that’s directed at you. It also lets you search through these messages and share files.
- GSuite by Google makes it easy to buy a domain, set-up an email client, track analytics,and launch and manage ad campaigns.
- GoCostreamlines employee onboarding and off-boarding, document management, time-off tracking, performance management, compliance and benefits administration. You can easily integrate it with your current payroll and management software.
- GoodHire makes it easier to hire staff because it helps you conduct background and reference checks; identify employment and driving verifications; and conduct pre-hire skills tests, credit checks, and drug screenings in less than 24 hours.
- Upwork allows you to easily hire independent contractors rather than onboarding new employees.
- Quora is a great way to get answers from experts.
- Telzio lets you setup an office phone system via the internet. Through it you can manage calls and messages across your devices from any location.
- Intercom makes it easier to communicate, interact, and engage with your customers through live chat.
- SalesLoft increases your sales reps’ efficiency and effectiveness thanks to a built-in sales dialer and email system that integrates with the tools you're already using - like Salesforce.
- Trello is one of the top team and task management platforms. It lets you to easily structure and keep track of tasks.
Implement a new Business Phone System
As you work to implement these other tools, you definitely don’t want to overlook it since it can help you take your business communication to the next level. DialPad enables you to easily communicate with your clients, employees and other businesses, which make things, run more efficiently and effectively. This is because it contains some really useful integrations and scalable features including:
- Voice-based communication
- Text messaging
- Cross-departmental communication features
None of this is expensive either. In fact, affordability is one of DialPad’s best features. Of course, that’s the point of most of the things found in this article. These are things you can do to create a better, more profitable business even if you don’t have a large budget to work with, which is why you should investigate these things today.