Important Facts About Erectile Dysfunction By Ralph
Erectile dysfunction (ED) male impotence is a type of health issue in men in which the man is not able to achieve or maintain an erection of penis firm enough for penetration into vagina. The result is lack of satisfaction among partners. Men occasionally do suffer from ED but if a man fails to get an erection frequently it signifies underlying health condition. Men above 40 years of age are majorly affected, but today even young men suffer from ED.
• Loss of libido
• Trouble getting an erection
• Difficulty in maintaining an erection
The cause of ED can be physical or psychological
Physical causes include
• Disease such as diabetes, high blood pressure
• Addictions such as Smoking, drinking alcohol, drug abuse
• Disorders like obesity
• Penile injuries
• Medicines used in treatment of depression, high blood pressure, enlarged prostate, allergies
Psychological causes include
• Performance anxiety
• Low self esteem
• Relationship problems with partner
• Partner is not able to conceive
Before starting any treatment a doctor will ask for complete patient medical history which helps doctor to decide which treatment will benefit the patient most. Doctor asks the patient to undergo simple test known as postage stamp to ascertain whether the cause is physical or psychological. In this test postage stamps are placed around penis; normally man has three to five erection during sleep, if the postage stamps remain in place the cause can be physical and if they fall off the , the cause can be psychological. This is a kind of nocturnal erection test. There are also other nocturnal erection tests like Poten test and Snap gauge test. The doctor also asks the patient a number of questions and can also asks him perform some blood tests to rule out any medical conditions that are causing ED. Depending on the cause the appropriate mode of treatment is suggested.
• Medicines: Medicines belonging to the class of drugs known as phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE5 inhibitor) are commonly prescribed for treatment of erectile dysfunction. The generic version of the branded medicines are also available. These include Sildenafil (Generic viagra), Tadalafil, Generic Cialis 20mg , Vardenafil (Generic Levitra) etc. These drugs act on the body by inhibiting the degradation of an enzyme cGMP which is responsible for relaxation of smooth vessels in penis and increasing blood flow to the penis thus enhancing the erection.
• Surgery: Penile implants are implanted within penis during surgery which help maintain an erection or vascular surgery is performed in case the blood vessels supplying blood to the penis are damaged. Surgery is considered as the last option of treatment when other treatments fail.
• Life Style modifications: Erectile dysfunction can be treated by making some changes in the lifestyle like exercising regularly, eating nutritious and balanced diet, refraining from addictions like alcohol, smoking and drugs, practicing meditation and yoga.
• Treatment with herbs or other natural remedies: Some herbs are also effective in treatment of ED. The benefits of consuming natural remedies or herbs is that is that they have lesser or almost no side effects.
Author's Score 3
For everything fun and local, you can find it on Fonolive
Cellulite is the bumpy fat that occurs on several areas of our bodies, especially the thighs, hips, andbuttocks....
Hair loss is one of common and rising health-related problems faced by many people worldwide. Along with the...
After the Hot and annoying summer, rain is an Amazing experience. In any case, these may be ruined by...
You can prevent heart disease by focusing all year round on your heart health. If you haven’t scheduled your...
It is said that teeth are the best asset of a man. No doubt, the statement is true. If you do not have teeth,...
Categories: Arts & Entertainment
, Book Reviews
, Fashion & Design
, Home Improvement
, How To's
, Real Estate
, Self Improvement
Copyrights © 2016 Voticle. All Rights Reserved.