Mirae Asset Mutual Fund was established in 1997 in Korea. With an applausable performance by providing the investors with the globally researched schemes, it soon became a progressing AMC.
In Overseas, it started off in 2003 by establishing its first office in Hong Kong which went on to become its main hub in Asia. In India, it was established in 2007 with a seed capital of US$50 million (Mirae Assets Global Investments (India) Pvt. Ltd.). At present, it is spread over 12 countries in 5 continents with $126.5bn AUM and 165+ professionals. Mirae Asset Mutual Fund provides varied standardized schemes to different types of investors present across the globe. It has schemes under different categories, including:
- Mirae Asset India Liquidity Fund (Erstwhile Mirae Asset India Opportunity Fund) : It is an open-ended equity scheme that provides maximum chances of better gain in different market conditions.
- Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund : It provides an opportunity to investors to pool their money in a mid-cap fund which means that the fund has mainly invested in medium-sized companies which are progressing towards becoming well-established organisations.
- Mirae Asset Great Consumer Fund (MAGCF) : This scheme has been brought into existence by the Mirae Asset Mutual Fund keeping in mind the continuous changes happening in the market. It was established keeping in mind, the investors will to be able to gain what they have expected.
- Mirae Asset Hybrid-Equity Fund (Erstwhile Mirae Asset Prudent Fund) : Under this scheme, the money pooled in by the investors is invested in equity, equity-related instruments, debts, and money-market instruments. The gains received cannot be guaranteed considering the ups and downs that happen in the market.
- Mirae Asset Short-term Fund (MASF) : This scheme is especially designed for investors willing to invest in schemes with a lock-in period ranging between 1 to 3 years. Here, the money is invested in debt and money-market instruments which generally lead to a considerable gain.
- Mirae Asset Dynamic Bond Fund (MADBF) : Here, under this scheme, the focus is entirely on generating optimal returns on the investment made in various debt and money-market instruments.
- Mirae Asset Cash Management Fund (MACMF) : This scheme is for investors who are looking for short-term investments. It has been tailor -made to ensure that even a small amount of investors’ money isn’t left idle.
- Mirae Asset Savings Fund (MASF) : It deals with the changing rate and ups and downs in macro-economic environment to bring in the gains from debt and market.
- Mirae Asset Tax Saver Fund (MATSF) : It is an open-ended equity linked savings scheme that invests mainly in equities. It is most sorted out by those investors who are looking out for a tax saving instrument. The lock-period for this scheme is three years.
- Systematic Investment Plan : Systematic Investment Plan helps one to submit an amount of money on a regular basis mostly weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
- Systematic Investment Plan Top-up (SIP Top-up) : If at some point the investor wishes to increase their SIP installment amount, then this plan is for them.
- Systematic Transfer Plan : This plan helps you let pool your money from one category of fund to another.
- Goal Systematic Investment Plan : This is a plan that helps you reach your goal. Here, the success is measured by you, reaching your goal. Each rupee invested has a purpose behind it.
- Systematic Withdrawal Plan: If you wish to have an additional source of regular income, then this plan is specially for you. It helps you withdraw your gains from time to time, systematically.
- Trigger Investment Plan : It is all about timing. If you are looking for a plan where you can pre-fix that at which time, the amount should be triggered in equity, then this is exactly what you are looking for.
- Variable Transfer plan : It helps you in turning the market changes in your favor. The transfer amount is automatically added to your amount, based on the current market value. You need not to track your fund’s movement again and again.
- Group Investment Plan: The employees of a particular organisation can agree to pay a part of their salary as SIP investment which can be together pooled in this scheme.
Henceforth, it can be concluded that Mirae Asset Mutual Fund provides a wide range of schemes and services. To know more about this AMC, visit its official website. If you’ve made your mind to invest in any of the lucrative schemes of Mirae Asset MF, then you can do so, but don’t forget to take your advisor’s suggestion before doing it.
After reading this article you will understand, what Mirae Asset Mutual Fund is, when was it established, and what type of schemes does it provide.