How to Attract (and how NOT to Repel) Future Employers
: Spring Cleaning your Resume… Don’t Send out that Old, Outdated Resume! ATS Systems will delete it before employers even see it.
Here are a few tips for polishing up your resume.
1. Include keywords: Thoroughly review the job description to make sure your resume mimics the job posting, i.e., it contains the keywords and competencies mentioned. If not, you will miss the ATS boat.
2. Write for the Applicant Tracking System as well as the human eye. The ATS is part of the whole artificial intelligence (AI) space now. It screens your resume before the human eye; therefore, create your resume with the ATS in mind.
3. Ensure that your resume is telling your story, not someone else's, and is compelling enough to capture the reader's attention and evoke action.
4. Proofread for correct spelling and grammar, even if it means reading it from the bottom up after you have given it a three-times over.
5. Update your resume frequently so that it's ready for your next opportunity. Don't wait until the last minute.
Clean up your mess! Here are other sure bet ways to lose employer’s attention at first glance AKA what NOT to do!
1. Creating a one-size-fits-all resume and using it to apply for every job. No customization.
2. Spelling and grammar mistakes: 'manger' when it should've been 'manager.'
3. Omitting keywords that are relevant to the job and repeated throughout the job posting.
4. Using an unprofessional email address: email@example.com does not belong on a resume.
5. Including References Available on Request. It's outdated and takes up space. Employers already know you'll provide references when asked.
6. Disguising gaps in employment.
Time to Shine!
Our Mission, Our Vision…
Our mission and vision started by Jason Bibi in 1997, to provide the best possible staffing services to both job seekers at 100% free service, and employers at the most economical rate.
Our goal is to become an industry leader in providing innovative human capital asset resource solutions. We have been chosen by many companies of different sizes, from small to medium to multi-national firms, to provide a key assistance in locating the most qualified candidates for a given position
coast to coast. That’s why we are considered the world wide web’s premier resume and job database source. It’s where career
seekers find that dream, career
, and employers find highly qualified candidates.
We are the one company that pioneered the use of photo (snapchat), video clips and video chat of applicants with almost all resume and job postings. It should be noted here that Staffing Online, Inc.® in no way condones nor approves any type of discrimination between applicants.
Staffing Online, Inc.® offers multiple types and levels of service all designed to assist career
seekers and employers in finding each other at the most expeditious rate.