There are a lot of people who, for one reason or another, are very private about their sexuality. While this is fine, it’s important to differentiate between sexuality and sensuality. It’s important to understand that being sensual is an expression of love that makes you feel really close to another person without being sexual. They’re beautiful, sublime pleasures of your intellect that will endure for a long time. These are a necessary part of every romantic relationship.
Being Private About Your Sex Life
Medical Daily says being private is fine, but you can’t forego the sensuality. This is what keeps your relationship alive. One of the best ways to do this is through writing each other love letters – something that can’t be stressed enough today. With all the options to send e-cards and emails, there’s something so much more personal about buying a blank card and writing a love note inside of it. An even better idea is to make your own card for your lover. There’s something about seeing actual handwriting inside a card.
Another great way to be private when you’re out of the house is by making direct eye contact with your partner. There’s something beautiful that happens when you make eye contact with another as you’re talking. This is a great way to tell your partner that you have a vested interest and that you’re actively listening to them even when you can’t show them in another way.
Sensuality can also be physical in nature without being sexual. There are some great examples of this including:
- Snuggling sessions can be very enjoyable. Simply holding one another while you’re watching TV, or a movie together can form a great bond. This is a very important sign of true love because it symbolizes the closeness you feel with each other. It’s something that comes with time that’s invested in a true relationship because snuggling isn’t something that’s going to happen with a one-night stand.
- Brushing or playing with each other’s hair is also very sensual. It’s a great way to make your partner feel good because you’re helping them relax right down to the core of their very being.
- Tickling one another can also be quite sensual. Of course, this isn’t going to happen if you’re giving or receiving torturous, hold-me-down tickles. In fact, you’re not alone if you hate these because most people do. However, lightly touching your partner’s face, back, arms or hands can be quite sensual. It’s also very relaxing – some people will even fall asleep when experiencing this.
- Kissing is probably the first thing you think of when the word “sensual” is mentioned. It doesn’t matter if you’re giving a quick kiss hello or goodbye or if you’re giving a longer kiss that might lead to something more. In and of itself, kissing is an art form. While some kisses will leave you wanting more, others are a slow buildup to that “more.” This is something that even the ancient Chinese understood. Their proverb reads, “Kissing is like drinking salted water. You drink, and your thirst increases.” Give that a little thought and you’ll see for yourself just how true this is.
- Learn to whisper something special to your partner. Sometimes just thinking about this is enough to make you feel nervous. When you really want to learn how to do this without feeling those nerves, try adult chatrooms. These are a great place to learn how to talk dirty to your partner without cheating on them in the process. While some people may disagree with this, there’s no physical contact here, enough said.
While you’ll want to do most of these things behind closed doors, this isn’t true when it comes to holding hands. Although this seems to be such a small display of affection, it really does go a long way. It’s something that you can do at any time – while taking a walk, watching a movie, eating out, or sitting together. It’s quite comforting because it helps you feel attached to your partner in a way that’s perfectly acceptable in public. If all else fails, you can always make the excuse that your hands are cold.
Supporting one Another Through Thick and Thin
Research shows that men tolerate fewer words per day than women. However, women really find talking a huge turn on. This shows them that you care about their thoughts, dreams, hopes, problems, and desires. After all, when you’re in a relationship you should be able to speak candidly to the person you’re choosing to share your life with. Of course, it’s important to know when it’s time to talk and when it’s time to simply hug or hold your partner without exchanging words. You know you have a real connection with your partner when they “get” you in this way.
Another important part of talking is telling the truth. While you wouldn’t think you’d need to say anything about this, unfortunately, this isn’t always true. Nevertheless, everyone deserves the truth, especially when they’re in a relationship. This is where most relationships start to fall apart: When one half of the relationship discovers that the other half has lied to you. It’s important that you’re never this person.
When you find a partner, who can offer you all these things, you know you’ve found true love. You’ve found the person who you want to spend your life doing sensual things with because they too understand how important it is to keep your relationship private. After all, you don’t want the intimate details to be spread around like locker room talk. Regardless of how you choose to engage in sensuality with your partner, the point is that you should do so. The only ground rule here lies in showing each other mutual respect and keeping those things that go on in your bedroom there: in your bedroom. However, all of this should go without saying. So, now that you know how to engage in the sensual part of your relationship, go do so. Enjoy!