Professionals predict by 2015, Internet users will rely more on mobile access to perform searches, access websites, and check email as opposed to the traditional methods of going online via a computer.
Of course, with smaller screens and limited capabilities, people need an easy way to view content from portable devices, which in turn is how mobile websites came about. Web Design companies in Dubai has started to adapt based on thier clients needs of having a mobile-friendly website.
A mobile website is a website that’s utilized via smartphones and portable tablets. Mobile websites are condensed versions of traditional websites, which makes it easier for mobiles users to access and navigate sites more quickly.
For small business owners, it’s imperative to have a mobile website as most consumers are now accessing the web via their mobile devices.
- As previously stated, a mobile website is a smaller version of your traditional business website. People who are using smartphones or portable tablets can perform an internet search for your type of product or service and land on your website. This is why it’s so critical that your company has a mobile-friendly version of your website.
- Mobile website users cannot rely on a mouse to maneuver through information. Users either use a touchscreen or cellphone keys to browse and type. Most people have accidentally touched something while browsing that they didn’t mean to. A mobile website makes it simple to get back to their intended destination.
- Instead of intricate designs and heavy graphics, mobile websites are designed to provide relevant information over everything else. This in turn helps people on-the-go find the information they need quickly.
- Mobile websites should be designed to mesh with your traditional website, while only providing the information mobile users need. For example, there may be information more relevant to mobile users that wouldn’t apply to traditional websites visitors, such as a phone number, directions, or specific information about your product or service.
- Mobile websites open up an entire new way of marketing. Several different marketing avenues are available on mobile websites, such as mobile coupons and deals, check-ins, and more.
Smartphones are being used by more and more people, and these numbers are expected to grow. Having a mobile website is crucial for business owners as more and more people are starting to use their smartphones to browse the Internet.
Key Features of a Mobile Website
Mobile Internet is one of the fastest-growing platforms ever. As a result, a multitude of business mobile websites are springing up as savvy business owners start to realize where most of their target audience is spending their time.
From product information to searching for a local plumber, people are using their phones more often than ever.
However, in order to have an effective mobile website, there are several key features that should be implemented that will help ensure that consumers are more likely to become paying customers:
- Trimmed down mobile website layouts allow the loading process to go much faster. Since cellphones are slower than laptops and desktop computers, this is imperative.
- Mobile websites make it simple for consumers to call and/or email your business with a simple tap on a touchscreen or cellphone button.
- Mobile websites can also be integrated into mobile maps, making it easier for people to locate your business.
- SMS and text messages can be integrated with your mobile website, making it easier for you to build a list of targeted leads and customers.
- Social Media is one of the top-ranked activities for mobile users. Mobile and social media go hand-in-hand.
- A mobile website can be easily integrated with your own social media business accounts to help you more actively engage with your mobile customers.
- Mobile users will have a way to share your mobile website with the masses via the major social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- While on the go, mobile consumers are usually looking for specific information about a business. The beauty in this is that half of them are likely to take some type of action as far as contacting or visiting the business within 24hrs.
Why Not Having a Mobile Website is Costing You Customers
With millions of consumers now turning to their smartphones and portable tablets for product purchases, directions to businesses, and more, there has never been a better time for small companies to create their own mobile website. In fact, not having a mobile website at this point in time runs the risk of losing both current and potential customers.
According to the Local Search Association, one of the world’s largest print, digital, and social media trade associations, the amount of local searches via cellphones and mobile tablets quadrupled in 2012 alone. By the end of 2013, this number is expected to be even higher.
When people utilize their mobile devices to perform local searches, they are typically looking for quick results for their intent, whether it be finding directions to a local business or researching a new product or service before purchasing. If you don’t have a mobile site that’s optimized to be viewer-friendly for consumers, there is a great likelihood that they will continue their local search to a company that does.
Although mobile users may find your traditional website when performing a search, they’ll more than likely experience slow load times and heavy graphics that aren’t designed for mobile viewing. In addition, if you have Flash on your business website, they may not be able to view your site at all from a mobile device.
Again, consumers will probably seek out another local business that has a mobile website that’s easier to load and view. In fact, at least 72% of all mobile users have stated that they place a lot of importance in their purchasing decisions on mobile-friendly websites that allows them to quickly seek what they are looking for. Furthermore, most consumers don’t return to websites that are problematic.
The Future of Local Searches
Local search from mobile devices is expected to continue to grow at astonishing rates in the coming years. While it is still important to have a traditional business website, every business must now focus on ways to accommodate the way millions of consumers are now seeking business information; via mobile devices.
With such an exponential growth in smartphone users, it would be unfortunate for your business to not have a site that allows people to easily find your company details while using their preferred device. Not having a mobile-friendly website is like literally letting profits slip through your fingertips.