Are you aware of this fact? ‘A dive computer watch is a diver’s best friend’. Scuba diving professionals will recommend you purchase a scuba diving computer watch as your primary piece of dive gear. This is because they will always permit you diving longer in a safer mode more than if you were just relying on a dive table. Whenever it has to do with the pleasure and safety of the sport, purchasing and owning a dive computer watch is the ideal way to go about. With a dive computer watch, you’d spend more time enjoying the beauty of the ocean than making dive table calculations. It is quite challenging to find a good dive computer watch due to the different varieties present in the market; each with its own features and price. This task has been facilitated within this write up based on dive computer watch reviews and their ratings. It’s not only a matter of purchasing a dive computer watch, but one which will meet your expectations. It should be noted that not all dive computer watches work well under high pressures and at great depths.
With advanced technology bringing up great dive computer watches, there is just no need for the use of dive tables anymore;
- With a dive computer watch, longer dives can be achieved when compared to a dive table. This is because the dive tables assume you are always going to be at the same depth for the whole dive. This is rarely ever the case as stated by professional divers in the world. Whereas dive computers take in to consideration your initial descent alongside with other raisings and fallings during the dive. While taking into consideration all your past depths and times, the dive computer watch is always recalculating your available bottom time with respect to your current depth. Dive computer watch reviews indicate that the watches really do more than what your mind can.
- Reviews of dive computer watches attest a safer dive is assured with a dive computer watch. This is due to the fact that with them you completely eliminate the human error risk in carrying out calculations. In addition they are capable of keeping track of your previous dives. Such information can possibly be needed in future if you wish taking the same path.
- Any of the best dive computer watches serve as a dive log thanks to improved technology in this particular field. They come with a memory capable of holding a good number of dives and can easily be connected to a PC permeating you to download all information from your recent dive trip. Most of these watches come with an integrated software capable of utilizing this information to bring out a dive profile. The dive profile determines air consumption habits.
- Even with the increased functionality of the best dive computer watches, their price has greatly fallen through the past years making them readily available. It should be noted that these watches act as a ‘piece of mind’ which can’t really be priced. From the reviews of dive computer watches a good dive computer watch amounts to 100 dollars.
- The majority of dive operators insist you own a scuba diving computer watch before diving with them. This is because these professionals in the field have found it important in the activity.
- Dive computer watches prevent you from getting bent by doing rapid and continuous calculations of your depth and bottom time.
- The dive computer watch is readily available at your wrist for easy access to information needed about depth and bottom time. With the advanced technology, some dive computers have replaced all console and gauges entirely.
- Your dive computer watch permits you know the bottom remaining time to cover for the current dive. In addition, it also permits you calculate your current surface interval and thus successfully plan your next dive.
- When carrying out a lot of repetitive dives the table can’t help you as much as dives watch.
- The dive computer watch has an alarm system you can set to let you know when stuff happens. Being underwater, one can be distracted and not notice the time spent, the alarm will therefore serve as a reminder.
- It permits you easily read the time when undertaking breath timing thanks to its free flow regulator.
Things to consider when purchasing a scuba diving computer watch
Your diving level: This is the very first thing you need to consider before choosing a dive computer watch. Carefully check on your diving level experience. For it’s about choosing that which meets your personal expectations. It is highly recommended for beginners to take on a computer watch that is very easy and simple to use and with a large screen display. This is due to the fact that beginners will be too busy trying to get comfortable swimming and breathing under water than to be piddling around with a complex dive computer watch.
Its ease reading underwater: Make sure the dive computer watch you are purchasing can easily be read underwater. By this, we mean big numbers, backlit displays and high contrast numbers. Popular amongst divers who prefer a large display is the Suunto EON Steel thanks to its wide angle brightview colour screen.
Ease to use: the choice of your watch should greatly be influenced by your desires, you may wish spending more time underwater enjoying its view than reading a manual. This is because some computers come being more user friendly than others. Another great point to take note of is if you will use your computer dive watch more in cold or warm water. In all cold water bodies, divers often wear thick gloves, for this reason it is recommended to get a dive computer watch with big buttons to avoid difficulties in using it underwater.
Check your Budget: For an attractive and quality computer dive watch, expect to pay between 300 and 500 dollars. For the best dive computer watch which is packed with top features unique to its model be ready to pay from 800 dollars and above. Never mind if you are just stepping into diving and unable to afford pricier watches. There are varieties of good entry level dive watches with modern features ranging between 100 and 200 dollars. If price isn’t an issue and you are in search of the best dive computer watch for the money then go for one with advanced features. Some of these advanced features have air integration, multitask capability and a digital compass.
Set Up: A dive computer watch can come in one of two different set ups: console or wrist. Wrist computer watches are more streamlined and a lot easier to read. They allow you carry all important and easily accessible data everywhere you go. Wrist computer watches come in two designs, the first being the classic style which looks more like a hockey puck on your wrist. The second design looks more like a normal watch. You can wear this one on surface without having strange looks at your wrist. The watch style turns to be more expensive than its classic counterpart. Professional divers looking forth to have all their instruments at hand should go for a console since it turns to be the best for them.
Air Integration: With the use of a transmitter, this feature gives you the possibility of monitoring your air consumption on your computer. Other advanced models of the dive computer watches allow you monitor the remaining air of a whole group of divers. This is highly useful for technical dive teams.
The SUUNTO D4I Dive Computer Watch Review
The D4i looks more like a normal wrist watch that can be used on surface. Reviews of dive computer watches reveal this is one of the best in the market currently. It works well at great depths and under high pressures just as it does on surface. It is pretty good looking making it very comfortable to allow on your wrist even out of water. It comes with a free dive mode which helps in bottom time training and free dive depth training. Being one of the best dive computer watches, it is ideal for entry levels due to its simplicity. Its gases are nitrox and air. Below are the great features it comes with;
- Downloadable dive logs.
- Free dive mode.
- Built in dive planner.
- Wireless air integrated.
- It is a simple and comfortable dive computer watch;
- It comes with a short press to activate backlight;
- It can also be used as a normal watch.
- Its users do not appreciate the fact it does not come with a compass.
The SUUNTO ZOOP Device Computer Review
A great number of dive computer watch reviews refer to this device as the best for divers searching for an easy and inexpensive dive computer watch with modern features for their diving adventures. This watch is best to take upon for entry levels. Its gases are Air and Nitrox. It comes with the following modern features;
- Console or wrist mountable;
- Allows for downloadable dive logs;
- Bright phosphorescence light display; and
- Learning mode.
- From the reviews of dive computer watches this is one of the easiest to use with no professional experience required;
- The computer turns to be more versatile thanks to its multiple mounting options;
- Works well under high pressures and great depths; and
- Even under low visibility, you can easily read from its display screen.
- It is difficult using it to access dive logs.
The CRESSI LEONARDO Dive Computer Watch Review
This is the ideal device for students and dive tourists. It is relatively simple using this device to keep track of dive time and ascent rate. It allows you better understand how long to stay underwater when taking on multi-level diving. Owners of this device are offered the possibility of resetting it. Reviews of dive computer watches consider this dive watch to be best for entry levels thanks to its simplicity. Its gases are nitrox and air. It comes with a chargeable battery. This dive computer watch comes with an oxygen toxicity indicator for your safety. It is very easy to use even for beginners with no expertise in the field. It can easily be programmed to function the way you want.
- It comes with a battery save mode which enhances your battery’s life making it last long;
- The screen is of high definition;
- It is affordable; and
- It allows reset.
- Its oversized case is a little annoying though not terrible.
The SUUNTO ZOOP NOVA Dive Computer Review
This is an easy to read computer dive watch which helps you monitor your time together with ascent rate. This device is best for entry levels due to its simplicity. Its gases are nitrox and air. It comes with the following great features;
- Gauge mode;
- Easy four button navigation;
- Personal conservation adjustments ; and
- Altitude .
- Has modern features and sold at a low price;
- Possesses great performance capacity;
- It can be placed on wrist;
- It can be placed in modular console; and
- It displays in a large and easy to read mode.
- Its large size is uncomfortable outside the water.
The MARES PUCK PRO WRIST Dive Computer Watch Review
It has been cited in numerous reviews of dive computer watches that this device functions well at great depths and under high pressures. It is very easy to read in almost all situations. So low visibility will not be any hindrance in using this dive computer watch. Its long lasting battery permits you to dive as several times as you want. It comes with a user changeable battery. Its gases are nitrox and air.
- It comes with both fresh and salty water settings;
- It has a stop watch;
- an altitude adjustment; and
- A calendar.
- It has a large and easy to read face;
- Its user changeable battery is quite easy to replace; and
- It comes with an auto-off out of water which safes battery life.
- As indicated in dive computer watch reviews its user’s do not appreciate the fact it comes without a depth alarm.
The SHAREWATER PERDIX Dive Computer Watch Review
Amazon is in charge of the worldwide shipping of this dive computer watch. It is very much appreciated by professional divers. It is air integrated yet sold at a very low price. Its friendly priced alongside great modern features result to its popularity around the world. Even though its large size is not comfortable out of water, it is just too perfect in water even at great depths. Being one of the best dive computer watches it is just so comfortable on the wrist that it allows for flexibility with other tools you have underwater. On deeper and more gas-mix dives any diving professional will feel safer thanks to the abundant information it provides. Dive computer watch reviews reveal this tool is ideal for advanced divers, technical and rebreather. Its gases are nitrox, trimix and air. It comes with a user changeable battery.
- has Bluetooth connectivity with main iOS devices;
- It can be operated down to great depths of 850 feet;
- It comes with a full colour screen; and
- 5 open-circuit gas switch presets.
- It can easily be mounted on either wrist while maintaining its high level of comfort;
- It has a full information provider for decompression diving; and
- It features for use a special rebreather.
The SUUNTO D6I Dive Computer Watch Review
Wow, being one of the best dive computer watches according to reviews of dive computer watches there is really something to be said. It looks good underwater and out of water. All features needed for recreational diving are present in the D6i. Even though, it has a normal watch size, its display is still easily read and manipulated. When we compare the suunto algorithm with that of others, we find the suunto to be more conservative. Dive computer watch reviews reveal it is best for both entry and professionals thanks to its simplicity and advanced modern features. Its gases are nitrox to 99%/3 mixes and air. This pretty device comes with the following interesting features;
- Free dive mode;
- 3D digital compass;
- Steel casing; and
- Anti-reflective coated glass.
- It comes with a stronger and durable steel case.
- Can be worn as a normal watch out of the water.
- It is slightly expensive.
The SUUNTO VYPER Dive Computer Watch Review
This device comes at a pretty good price for an entry level dive computer watch. Nevertheless, it will still work best for you in advanced levels. On any recreational dive, this device is easier to use and manipulate. Reviews of dive computer watch cite it best for entry and advanced levels. It gases are nitrox to 50% and Air. It comes with a user changeable battery. The great features of this device are;
- Built-in dive simulator;
- Protective rubber boot;
- Display shield; and
- 3 dive modes.
- Ability to download dive details to computer easily;
- For more accurate air reading, it comes with an optional air integration; and
- Its Vyper includes personal and altitude conservatism adjustments.
- Its large size is a little cumbersome.
The SUUNTO D4I NOVA Dive Computer Watch Review
Dive computer watch reviews consider this device as one of the best scuba dive computer watches which is ideal for any multi-sport diver. This watch works best in all situations including high pressures and at great depths. With this device there is no need to worry about gauge dragging. The device is ideal for travelling. It looks good underwater and out of water. In the reviews of dive computer watches, this is one of the best for any beginner or advanced recreational diver. Its gases are Nitrox to 50% and Air. This beautiful device comes with the following features;
- Wireless air integrated;
- 4-modes Air, Nitrox; and
- Available in different colours.
- It is a perfect sized watch for both underwater and surface use.;
- Multi-sport usability for free-divers; and
- Ability to use with wireless transmitter.
- Small display makes it slightly difficult to read.
The SUUNTO EON STEEL Dive Computer Watch Review
The EON Steel has just all that a professional diver would ever want in a dive computer watch. Its large colour display makes reading very easy. It interprets the different information for the diver. Even though it comes at a high price, it is worth paying for. You will feel better and safer while diving with this device more than any other one you ever used before. This device is best for advanced and technical divers. Its gases are; Nitrox, Air, Trimix-gas switching up to 10 gases. It comes with a rechargeable battery. The watch has the following great features;
- Wireless air integrated;
- Rechargeable battery;
- Used up to 150m depth;
- Colour screen; and
- Digital compass.
- It comes with an easy to navigate menu which does not need expertise before use;
- Has a customizable screen;
- The compass is tilt compensated to 45 degrees; and
- It is wireless up to 10 tanks.
- It comes at a high price.
The MARES ICON HD WRIST Dive Computer Watch Review
The watch is sold at an affordable price. Its great features are quite easy to use. It is one of the best featured wrist-mount computer dive watch. The dive computer watch is big and not easy to carry around on surface but it is ideal and works best underwater even at great depths and high pressures. The MARES ICON HD WRIST is good for professionals. It comes with a colour coded tank pressure which lets you know at a glance the level of air left. Its gases are Air and Nitrox. It comes with a rechargeable battery and has the following features;
- Wireless air integrated;
- Altitude adjustment;
- Colour coded tank pressure;
- Fresh and seawater settings;
- Digital compass; and
- LCD full colour screen.
- In depths, graph shows estimated tissue saturation;
- Features an underwater menu where underwater settings can be adjusted; and
- Interface is usable on MAC and PC.
- Its large size is not the best for surface use.
The OCEANIC VTX Dive Computer Watch Review
Diving professionals really enjoy the OCEANIC VTX. This dive computer feels futuristic and high class thanks to its Bluetooth integration. It comes with a very easy to learn, modify menu and settings. While diving, you will find the display screen very clear. This is one of the best dive computer watches ideal for entry and advanced levels. This is because it is very simple for beginners and also contains all modern features needed by advanced divers. Its gases are nitrox and air. It comes with a user changeable battery. This device has the following great features and is rated high over the net;
- Full colour OLED display;
- Digital compass;
- 30 to 40 hours dive time battery; and
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Thanks to its Bluetooth, the user can modify setting from phone or tablet;
- It is very easy to use; and
- It has almost all features an advanced diver needs.
- It has a short dive log memory.
The SCUBAPRO MANTIS 2 Dive Computer Watch Review
This wrist-style dive computer watch offers four dive modes. These modes are scuba, gauge, CCR and free dive. It also supports swim and sport modes too. Many consider it as the best scuba diving computer watch which features up to 3 programmable gas mixes. It has the ability to handle multiple transmitters. It comes with a tilt compensated compass. The device is depth rated to 120m. This dive computer watch also features an altimeter, chronograph, thermometer and in swim-mode strokes counter. All these features are provided for fitness fanatics. Its optional heart rate monitor belt records all biometric information. These readings are incorporated into the decompression calculation when diving.
The ATOMIC COBALT 2 Dive Computer Watch Review
This dive computer watch comes with a vivid full-colour OLED display. Its menu is being controlled easily via 4 soft touch buttons. It is just like an underwater smart phone. It has the ability of switching six different gas mixes. It comes with an integral electronic compass, a feature which attracts many advanced divers. This device is powered by a powerful rechargeable lithium ion battery. Its battery is strong enough to take you for 60 hours of diving without disappointments.
The LIQUIVISION XEO
This powerful device allows for a maximum of ten gases to be programmed through Liquivision actual patented tap-interface. Maximum readability is offered thanks to the customizable OLED display offers. It comes with simulation software which is both PC and MAC compatible. It operates with a highly convenient user-replaceable battery to ensure continuous operation. This device turns out to be the favourite amongst technical divers.
The OCEAN PROPLUS X Dive Computer
This is one of the best scuba diving computer watches with dual algorithms and digital compass. It has got Bluetooth connectivity and is powered by a strong rechargeable lithium battery. It features a thin film transistor which is aimed at improving readability and minimising energy consumption. It comes with a large screen. Its large screen features a colour coded interface, high-resolution bar graphs together with large legible digits.
The SCUBAPRO ALADIN H Dive Computer
This scuba diving computer watch is very suitable for travelling. Since it takes a little store space. It features Bluetooth 4.0 which works well with any android device. This is a full featured scuba diving computer watch which tackles all the needs of advanced divers. The device comes with an air integrated DC and a digital compass. Its effective algorithm rapidly calculates bottom time. It also estimates workload via breathing rate.
The SCUBAPRO ALADIN SPORT Dive Computer Watch
This is a Multi-gas which accommodates three gases. It is available as a two gauge console or a wrist-mount. It is very easy to read even in low visibility conditions. It is highly resistant, able to work efficiently under high pressures and at great depths. It is perfect for advanced divers who are searching for features like Bluetooth and low energy consumption.
The SEAC JACK
Reviews of dive computer watches shows that this is one of the best scuba diving computer watches which is highly rated and possesses great and modern features. This device comes with a unique algorithm which is aimed at preventing free diving maladies. The free diver is kept completely safe thanks to the loads of data provided by this device. This is a full function device computer for any diver. It comes included with topside data like distance, pedometer, lunar phases, caloric counter and barometric pressure.
The TUSA IQ1204 DC SOLAR LINK Dive Computer Watch Review
This is a scuba diving computer watch which can be charged easily and readily with sunlight or indoor fluorescence light. This device comes with Bluetooth SMART technology with which you can transfer dive logs to your smart phone through free TUSA diving apps. It comes included with features such as; gauge and free dive mode, full visual and audible alarms. Individual professional divers are offered the ability to programme up to four different gas mixes. It comes with a world timer mode fulltime keeping functions.
This scuba diving computer watch comes with new graphic dial markings aimed at increasing readability. It comes with dual integrated attachment points aimed at ensuring rigging flexibility. The trusted lines of gauges have been upgraded by Zeagle with new markings which are not only attractive but functional. This device is available in imperial and metric units. It comes with other options which include; a pressure/depth gauge combo, a single pressure gauge and a pressure/depth/compass combo. It has a low profile bras body which is completely shockproof and made up with durable materials.
The AQUALUNG I300 Dive Computer Review
This is one of the easiest to use dive computer watch in the market. With this device you get good value for money. This is a resistant and reliable dive computer which is perfect for a new diver. Dive computer watch reviews highly recommend this as the best for all entry levels. Its gases are nitrox and air. It comes with a resistant user changeable battery. This dive computer watch has the following advanced features;
- Gauge mode which is used for timing;
- Backlight; and
- On the same day you can easily switch between diving and scuba diving.
- It is user friendly.
- It comes at an affordable price.
The MARES MATRIX Dive Computer Review
The matrix has the perfect size for a dive computer watch. It stands out as one of the best dive computer watches and it contains a fool proof digital compass. Reviews highly recommend this device as best for advanced and professional divers. Its gases are nitrox and air. It comes with a long lasting and resistant rechargeable battery. This great device features the following;
- Full watch capability;
- An alarm included;
- A digital compass;
- A visible dive profile during dive; and
- MAC and PC interface.
The OCEANIC GEO 2.0 Dive Computer Watch Review
This device represents a perfect integration between a watch and a computer. Its menus are easily learned and manipulated. Reviews recommend this dive computer watch for both entry levels and advanced levels. It gases are nitrox and air. The device comes with a durable and resistant rechargeable battery. This watch has the following features;
- Audible alarm together with a flash in led light;
- Dual dc algorithm; and
- 4 modes.
- Great for scuba diving;
- Easy navigation through its different menus; and
- Price friendly.
- Its light colour display can be difficult to read in water.
SHEAR WATER PETREL Dive Computer Review
This is one of the best dive computer watches which come with two great and outstanding features. The first feature being its AA battery option. This rechargeable AA will further reduce your cost to replace. The second feature is its 1000 hour memory. Wow, it’s amazingly great; this computer can be used for work and play. But you are covered and backed up if any questions should ever rise or issues with work. All you need to do is record every dive. It is quite beautiful and easy to manipulate. Its large screen prevents you from guessing. Reviews highly recommend this device for advanced and technical divers. This is because it turns to be a complete tool with all modern features desired. This device empowered with the following features;
- A standard AA battery;
- Bluetooth integration;
- Large 2.4 display; and
- Digital compass.
- Its standard AA battery has a 35 hour battery life; and
- It has a full colour display.
CRESSI GIOTTO Dive Computer Watch Review
Reviews reveal this is one of the best dive computer watch– compact dive for beginners and advanced divers. It comes with a three-button interface aimed at programming Air, gauge modes and Nitrox. This dive watch is highly resistant, reliable and works efficiently at great depths and high pressures. It is constructed with durable and long lasting materials. It features the following;
- Large numerical display;
- High definition screen; and
- Replaceable battery.
- It represents good value for money; and
- It can be read and also manipulated with ease.
- It comes with no air integration.
The HOLLIS TX1 Dive Computer Watch Review
Reviews of dive computer watches reveal this device is ideal for technical and recreational divers. This is one of the best dive computer watches with an outstanding stylish design. It features air integration and breathing rate thus very necessary for recreational divers.
- It is easily affordable and represents good value for the money;
- It is highly reliable; and
- It is resistant and durable thanks to its premium quality materials used for construction.
The OCEANIC OCL Dive Computer Watch
This is a computer you can use as your everyday watch be it underwater or on land surface. The device has a small and stylish design making it a great scuba diving computer which can be worn every day. It features a replaceable battery and an auto altitude adjustment. The watch is constructed with durable materials which assure its long lifetime.
- It comes with a pretty nice-looking design;
- It can work well underwater as on surface; and
- It is reliable.
- It has no air integration.
MARES ICON HD Dive Computer Watch
This is one of the easiest to read and use dive computer. It suits both entry and advanced levels. It is a device which comes with higher-definition colour display. This helps in bringing tank pressure information to a new level. It is a reliable and durable device. It has the following features;
- A big screen;
- A rechargeable