Selecting the best mosquito repellent in the market could be an easy task especially if one knows exactly the type of mosquito spray one needs. To choose from the ever increasing brands of mosquito spray without an idea of what one needs is a sure certainty to ruin a day outing or camping out door as not all mosquito repellents work best in all situations even the best mosquito repellent may not be appropriate for you:
- Some people by their very nature perspire a lot. In this case will need a mosquito spray that is sweat resistant (with sweat resistant formula).
- Some people plan to stay out –door for long periods (all day or night camping) or short periods - an hour or two.
In this case a mosquito spray that is appropriate with the corresponding time of action should be selected. If you will be out all day long or camping outdoors at night it would surely be best if you come along with an appropriate mosquito repellent. These are available in the market in different forms such as incense sticks, creams, lotions, rolls-on or sprays.
Mosquito Repellent what is it?
A mosquito repellent is a substance usually of chemical or natural origin which when applied to a human body, clothing, gear will make it hard for the insect to crawl or sit on that surface.
Some detailed mosquito repellent reviews have shown that not all mosquito repellents in the market will protect you from mosquito bites based on your planned activity. The Center for Disease Control has approved four chemical ingredients for mosquito prevention. There’s DEET (diethyltoluamide), chemical compound developed and used by the US military since the 1950s (it’s been found to cause neurological disruptions); Picaridin (also known as Icaridin), the newer alternative to DEET that has proven just as effective as DEET; IR3535, (another chemical agent a bit less reliable than DEET and Picaridin); and oil of lemon eucalyptus, the only plant based natural derivative approved by the CDC
An effective mosquito repellent chosen from the best mosquito repellent brand will cover you from the hassle of mosquito bites and keep you from mosquito borne diseases such as zika, malaria, encephalitis and West Nile virus.
To be very effective a mosquito spray needs to be evenly applied on all exposed areas of the body. For mosquitoes are smart enough to detect areas not covered by the repellent.
Some Facts about Mosquitoes
Though hated all over the world it is nothing personal when a mosquito sets about having its meal. By design this disease borne pest makes it their business of sucking blood out of anything that moves including us. Or is that really true, let us take a closer look of the facts from the mosquito’s perspective.
- Only female mosquitoes feed on humans and animals; males suck flower nectar. Female mosquitoes are in need of protein for their eggs to mature, and must take a blood meal in order to reproduce. Since males do not bear the burden of producing young directly, they will not bite you but head for the nectar of flowers instead. When not producing eggs, females also seek for nectar too.
- Mosquitoes kill more than any animal on earth. They are carrier of a number of deadly diseases (such as dengue fever, malaria fever, yellow fever, West Nile, encephalitis) to humans and the lethal heartworm parasites to dogs.
- Not all mosquitoes bite humans. Some will choose instead other hosts like birds and frogs.
- All mosquitoes need water to breed. Some species can breed in very humid vegetation and puddles left after a rainstorm. Female mosquitoes will need just a few inches of water to lay her eggs. Tiny mosquito larvae develop rapidly in roof gutters, and old tin cans dumped in vacant lots. If you want to keep mosquitoes in check around your home and have some peace day or night, you need to get some mosquito prevention measures in place. Be vigilant about dumping any standing water or litters around your yard.
- Most mosquitoes come out from their watery breeding grounds and stay very close to home. But others, like the salt marsh mosquitoes, will migrate lengthy distances to find a suitable place to live, where food (nectar and blood) is in abundance.
- An adult mosquito will live 5 to 6 months. But they rarely do since we are in the business of killing them at the least opportunity.
How do you decide which Mosquito Repellent to buy
It is strongly advised that before buying any mosquito repellent read the label carefully, understand what the active ingredient is and its concentration. As mentioned earlier the concentration of the active ingredient determines the duration of the protection of the repellent.
Mosquito prevention by use of insect repellents depends on number factors such as mosquito species, level of activity and attractiveness of human to the repellent. You have to take into consideration the following factors when selecting the best insect repellent.
- Are there lots of mosquitoes present?
- Will you be spending more than an hour out door at night or day?
- During the day will the surrounding be humid, and heavily vegetated?
- Is your area prone to mosquito borne diseases?
- Is there high temperature and humidity
Mosquito Repellent how do you apply it?
- As you apply the mosquito repellents look out for any reactions. Some people are allergic and react to the chemical ingredients in the repellent.
- Applying more mosquito repellent on you will not offer more protection against mosquito bites. You may be wasting what might be keep for future use.
- Some mosquito repellents can be applied straight away with your clothing. But first read carefully the information on it. Do not apply repellents on your body that is meant for clothing only.
- The mosquito repellent must be applied evenly to all exposed areas of the body. Excluding the mouth, eyes, open wound or cuts, sun burn and irritated skin.
- If using a mosquito repellent with pump spray to apply on your body; then use your hand to spread it evenly to cover your skin.
- Do not allow children to apply mosquito repellents on their own
Most of the active ingredients used in mosquito sprays are either of chemical or natural origin.
DEET: This is better called N,N-Diethyl-meta-toluamide one of the most effective and widely used mosquito prevention chemical. This chemical was developed in the 1950s by the US military. DEET based mosquito repellent should not be used on infants less than 2 months of age. In the meantime children 3 months old and above can use DEET repellents with concentration of 30 percent or less. Mosquito repellents with high DEET concentration do not provide extra protection but do however give protection for a longer period. For example, OFF!® FamilyCare Insect Repellent IV contains 7% DEET and repels mosquitoes for up to 2 hours, while OFF!® Deep Woods® Sportsmen Insect Repellent I contains 98.25% DEET and repels mosquitoes for up to 10 hours.
Permethrin: Repellents with permethrin active ingredient are designed for use on items such as bed, nets, shoes, camping gear etc. They should not be applied on the body.
Picaridin: Is just as effective as DEET. It was developed in the 1990s, with a pleasant and attractive scent. Picaridin mosquito based repellents are liked by most for outdoor meetings. Picaridin based insect repellents are mostly available in formulations ranging from less than 10% up to 20%.
Oil of lemon eucalyptus: This is a natural mosquito repellent, plant-based oil. It works as well at preventing mosquito bites as products that contain lower concentrations (6.65%) of DEET. These products should not be used on children less than 3 years.
In 2005, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) approved the use of both oil lemon eucalyptus and Picaridin. But oil lemon eucalyptus has not been tested against all disease borne mosquitoe species.
Citronella: Citronella oil is a widely used ingredient in plant-based mosquito repellents. It is obtained from two species of grasses and is a combine mixture of about eighty different compounds. The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has reported cases of skin irritation, and in particular one type of citronella oil is responsible for some allergic reactions.
Geraniol: This chemical compound is present in many plant oils, such as lemon grass, citronella, and oil of rose. In 1990s, researchers first noticed geraniol insect repelling properties. It was then considered a reliable alternative to DEET based mosquito repellent products. Geraniol will protect against mosquito bites between 2 to 4 hours.
A Good Active Ingredient should be Effective World Wide
Many mosquito repellent manufacturers will advertise on their package protection against Zika or West Nile virus, but any repellent that uses a CDC-approved active ingredient should be effective on the majority of mosquitoes, in spite of the strain across the world.
However, you will want to increase the concentration of your active ingredient if you are traveling to a high-risk area. If you are going to a tropical location where diseases like malaria or dengue fever is endemic, it is generally advised to use at least a 20 percent concentration product, so say the experts. A 15 percent concentration can put you at risk and expose you to mosquito bites; in turn you are facing the risk of diseases like malaria, dengue fever and Zika virus.
7 TRUTHS ABOUT DEET
The Active Ingredient Present in most Insect Repellents
What is DEET anyway? DEET sounds so mysterious and a lot of myths surround this widely used mosquito repellent chemical. But should it? DEET is otherwise the common name for N,N-Diethyl-m-toluamide.
Myth: DEET will kill mosquitoes.
Fact: DEET will not kill mosquitoes—it only repels and keep them off.
DEET only interferes with the insects ability to detect important substance (from its potential host) such as carbon dioxide and lactic acid.
Myth: DEET based mosquito repellent recommended for use on children.
Fact: when correctly used, DEET can be applied on children. such as off! Deep woods® dry insect repellent (25% deet) provides long-lasting protection from mosquitoes and other insects such as biting flies, chiggers and gnats.
Always read the manufacture product label instructions, and apply the product correctly on children, spray
Myth: DEET makes it very hard for mosquitoes to land on you and bite you.
Fact: There are many theories given on how DEET works in repelling mosquitoes, and with time more knowledge from science continues to evolve on the specific mode of action. When applied correctly on the skin, DEET forms a thin vapor layer at the skin’s surface that keeps mosquitoes from landing on the skin.
Myth: DEET is the same thing as ddt.
DEET is not DDT. The use of DDT was banned in the United States in 1972.
DEET based Mosquito Repellent Reviews
What is the mysterious DEET? It is simply the common name for N,N-Diethyl-m-toluamide. It has been widely used as an effective insect repellent since it was developed by the U.S. Army in 1946 mainly for the protection of soldiers in mosquitoes infested zones. It also offers protection against biting flies and fleas. DEET principal action is by interfering with local neurons receptors on the mouth and antennae of mosquitoes. Thereby making it difficult for them to detect carbondioxide and lactic acid principal elements in the breath and sweat of animals.
DEET is designed for direct application to skin to repel mosquitoes and other insects, but they don’t kill them. DEET based repellents are available in the market in a variety of liquids, lotions and sprays. The concentrations of DEET in products that are meant for skin application range from 4% to 100%.
In areas where mosquito borne diseases is really a problem non DEET based repellents are not as effective and do not provide protection for durations similar to those of DEET based products. So for all round mosquito prevention use DEET bases mosquito repellents. Below are some of the best DEET based mosquito repellents.
General Guides For Use of Mosquito Repellent
It is a violation of the Federal law to use this product in any manner different from its labeling. Read and comply with all directions and precautions printed on the product label.
Shake well before each use
- Keep the container 6 to 8 inches away from your body and spray gradually with a slow sweeping motion.
- Do not apply over cuts, open wounds, irritated or sunburned skin.
- Do not spray in closed rooms.
- Do not over spray the repellent on your exposed skin or clothing and over application is not needed.
- Do not allow in the hands of children or spray directly in their hands. To apply on children, first spray in your own hands then rub it on the child gently covering evenly all exposed skin. When back at home wash hands and body with soap and water.
- Do not spray directly on your face and eyes. To apply on your face first spray on your hands then gently rub it avoiding the eyes. Do not apply in or near eyes and mouth. Apply very thinly around ears.
- Do not spray under clothing. Spray on clothing such as hats, pants, shirts, socks, and hats. To ward off chiggers and ticks spray socks and cuffs. DEET repellent should not be used on rayon, acetate, spandex or synthetics (nylon excluded). Further avoid contacts with furniture, vanished or painted surfaces such as automobiles. It has no damaging effect on wool, leather, plastics or nylon.
Storage and Disposal
Keep away from direct sunlight, sparks or fire in a ventilated and dry place.
The empty repellent container should not be littered around or thrown in the bin. Do not puncture or incinerate its container. The empty container may be recycled along with other aerosol containers. If recycling service is not available, place in the bin. If the container still has repellent contact your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
Keep out of reach of children
Hazards to humans:
WARNING: Do not allow contact with eyes as it may cause some eye injury temporary. Harmful if swallowed. These products may cause skin reactions in very rare cases. Treated clothing along with hands should be well washed with soap and water. After using repellents hands should be well washed before eating, drinking and also before using tobacco or the toilet.
Have the product container or label at hand when contacting the poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment.
If contact with Eyes: Hold eye open and rinse carefully with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove eye glasses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. For more treatment information call a doctor or poison control center if available.
If Swallowed: Call the poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have the person drink a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not take further action unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Do not move the person if unconscious or give anything by mouth.
If you suspect any skin reaction to this product call your doctor immediately or local poison control center. Discontinue use of the product.
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
3M Ultrathon Insect Repellent Lotion
This insect repellent has been used extensively by the military in dense mosquito’s areas. It provides long lasting protection against mosquitoes for up to 12 hours. It gives protection against a host of insects including mosquitoes, fleas, gnats, ticks, biting flies, chiggers and deer flies. It contains about 34% DEET and is very easy to apply. With the low concentration of DEET, it can be used by all members in the family.
It is manufactured with a controlled-release technology which allows for a slow release of the active ingredients giving a long-lasting protection in challenging situations.
- It has been tried in the world's most demanding insect infested environment--the jungles of central America
- With a low DEET concentration it is safe enough for all members of the family to use
- 3M modern technology allows time control released protection for up to 12 hours
- The product contains the splash & sweat resistant formula to ensure consistent protection through all your outdoor activities
Sawyer Premium Ultra 30
Sawyer’s Premium Ultra 30 DEET Repellent Lotion is made with the application of the new modern advanced insect repellent technology and with Liposome-base. This is a natural compound which is tolerant to the skin and easy to wear. The liposome captures the active ingredient DEET and slowly releases it. The result is an effective use of DEET with longer protection against insect bites of up to 11 hours.
Sawyer’s Premium Ultra 30 Deet Repellent Lotion is one of the best mosquitoe repellents. It resists perspiration, it is non-staining, non-greasy and with little or no odor at all. Its 3 oz size is airline approved so you do not need to worry to catch a local flight or perfect still for international travel.
A day out in the back yard or in the back country you are always protected.
Off! Deep Woods Insect Repellent V, 25% DEET
Off! Deep Woods Insect Repellent spray provides long protection up to 8 hours from mosquito bites. The spray leaves a smooth layer of protection on the skin, but can also be sprayed on non-synthetic clothes without any damage. Deep Woods Off is quite effective in keeping off not only mosquitoes but other bugs such as gnats, ticks, biting flies, and chiggers
- Effective 8 hour protection that won’t stain and resists perspiration. Keeping you free from annoying mosquitoes or other biting flies such as sand flies. While you enjoy your day out on the beach, fishing or the back yard.
- Aerosol spray allows for easy handling and even coating on the skin.
- 25 percent DEET
Many customers in reviews of mosquitoe repellents have shown satisfaction with this product and recommend it to others. But its price is mentioned too as a drawback. The user instruction on the container is not clearly visible (small black text printed on dark green background).
off! Deepwoods VIII
When enjoying the great outdoors activities, in as much as no one would like to be disturbed by mosquitoes so no one wants to wear a greasy mosquito spray. This long-lasting formula delivers the proven long-lasting protection of OFF! Deep Woods®but goes on dry after application, not oily or greasy. No one will know you’re wearing it—but the mosquitoes will and keep off.
Advanced powder-dry formula dries on contact with the skin—not oily or greasy and resists perspiration.
It repels mosquito species that may carry the Zika or Dengue virus. It also wards off mosquitoes species that may carry the West Nile virus as well as mosquitoes carrying the malaria parasites. It is very effective against insects in forest areas.
It has a long-lasting protection from mosquitoes, chiggers, gnats, ticks, biting flies.
This aerosol spray allows for application in a continuous sweeping motion. The product can be used by all members of the family. An adult however needs to apply it to children.
Comes in 2.5 oz. and 4 oz. sizes
Formulated with 25% DEET— can provides up to 8 hours of protection against mosquitoes
The repel 100 contains 98.11 percent concentration DEET and does a great job at protecting against mosquitoes and other insects. It can provide protection from mosquito bites for up to 10 hours, but coverage length can vary depending on existing conditions such as wetness or excessive perspiration. The 4-ounce pump is large enough to cover needs of big families, yet small enough for easy storage and transportation.
- Ideal for extreme environments such as fishing outings, humid tropical areas heavily infested with flying insects
- Protects against mosquitoes, chiggers, ticks, and biting flies up to 10-hours
- Larger size for high consumption consumer, yet small enough for easy storage
- 98.11-Percent DEET is the highest concentrated formula available
Best DEET Repellents for Families
OFF!® FamilyCare Insect Repellent lll, Tropical Fresh
This repellent is good for those who are sensitive to chemical smells as it has a good smell. Lower concentration of active ingredients and aloe vera added to give it a good feel and scent on your skin. Off! Skintastic Insect Repellent is an effective mosquito repellent that provides short time protection for up to 2 hours. It contains a low concentration 5% DEET and is ideal for use during outdoor entertainment, relaxing in the backyard, gardening, and going to the playground
- Low DEET formula which is combined with a refreshing, light scent
- Repels mosquitoe species that may carry West Nile Virus
- Repels mosquitos, chiggers, gnats, biting flies, gnats, no-see-ums, for up to 2 hours
- Contains 5% DEET
- Ideal for use when: going for short walk or sitting in the backyard, gardening, entertaining outdoors, and going to the playground.
Repel Dry Family Repellent
If you have got young children, then you want a mosquito spray that is not only easy to apply, but will not cause any allergy like irritation to the skin or the nose, and is guaranteed to work with certainty. This aerosol spray contains 10 percent DEET for up to four hours of protection highly recommended for family use.
Physicians recommend that a formulation of no more than 10 percent DEET be used on children. As mentioned earlier DEET should not be applied to children less than 2 more months old.
- This mosquito spray is down to child size such that the spray comes out in a small controlled stream and over application is easily avoided. Experts emphasize that the best way to apply mosquito spray to children is to spray in your own hands and rub them on your child’s skin rather than spraying directly.
- Unscented non greasy formula. If you are sensitive to smell or your child is sensitive to smell too then this repellent meets your need.
- The repellent feels great on the skin and dry on the body soon after application. It is greasy, with a slick feel that many associate with the usual DEET based bug spray. It also will not itch or cause pain like some of the very higher-concentration DEET repellents.
- The helpful formula is available in a convenient, 4.0-Oz spray bottle, which is easy to pack and carry while providing enough repellent for family fun outings and adventures.
An adult, who finds the 30 percent concentration DEET uncomfortable, this 10 percent DEET Repel Insect Repellent Family Dry, can be an alternative.
Cutter All Family Insect Repellent Mosquito Wipes
This mosquito repellent has a low 7.15% DEET concentration. It repels mosquitoes and other biting insects for up to 2 hours. Cutter wipes are recommended for use on kids of two months old and above. The 7.15% DEET formula meets the approved guides of the American Academy of Pediatrics for use on infants. The wipes are soft and pleasant with easy usage. They are packaged in a resealable pouch, so they would not dry out even after several opening.
This insect repellent is ideal for family outings such as picnics, evening walks or just sitting in the back yard since it is effective within a short time.
- Convenient wipes allow for controlled application on necks, faces and ears
- Ideal for the whole family
- Cooling clean scent
- 7.15% DEET
Cutter 51020 Unscented Insect Repellent 10-Percent DEET
This mosquito repellent does present very little or no scent at all. Thus, it is highly purchased by those who are allergic to chemical smell. It contains 10% DEET and works well against mosquito bites. It is safe to use on kids. It’s a very easy spray to apply without the greasy feeling that goes with many other insect repellents. You do not have to rub it in and get it all over your hands except when applying to children.
- Long lasting repelling action against mosquitoes and other biting insects
- It is to be used with convenient aerosol formula
- 10% DEET concentration
Non DEET Mosquito Repellents
Sawyer Picaridin Insect Repellent Spray
In some mosquitoes repellent reviews this product is considered as one of the three best mosquitoe repellents. It is just as effective as DEET and shows no signs of damage to equipment and gear.
If you have a sensitive skin and sensitive nose then you will want to go for Sawyer Picaridin Insect Repellent Spray. It is unscented and has almost no odor. In fact you will have to put your nose right close to your skin to get the sweet scent of picaridin.
- It has a 20 percent concentration Picaridin
- Effective up to 12 hours against mosquitoes, ticks, and 8 hours against gnats, biting flies, chiggers and fleas
- Effectively repel mosquitoes that may carry the disease causative agents such as Dengue fever, Zika Virus, West Nile Virus, Plasmodium species and Chikungungya
- Compared to DEET this is more effective on flies
- It will not damage equipment and gear
- 4 oz spray bottle
Natrapel 8 Hour Insect Repellent Wipes
It is now time - an Insect Repellent that Really Works well! Natrapel 8-hour provides 8+ Hours of Protection from Biting Insects and Ticks. It is CDC-approved and contains 20 percent concentration of the Picaridin Formula. Independent comparison clinical trials have shown that Picaridin performs just like DEET or even better. More so, Natrapel 8-Hour does no damage to gear. Other synthetic materials such as fishing lines or jackets are not affected when in contact with it. The convenient 12-Indivdual Wipes provide Personal Protection all through your outdoor stay.
Natrapel Repellent provides Protection from mosquitoes, ticks and other biting flies and the 20% Picaridin Formula with its approved concentration protects against diseases transmitted by insects. Natrapel Repellent content includes ethyl alcohol, water and Polyethylene Glycol 400.
The wipes are easy to pack for those on the go can slip in purses or pockets. Pack provides 1.44 fl oz (42.6 ml) net content and 0.092 fl oz (2.7 ml) net content each wipe.
- Natrapel 8 Hr. Mosquito Repellent Wipes
- Proven Insect Repellent that works!
- NATRAPEL 8-Hour: Provides 8 Hours of Protection
- Guards against biting insects
- 20% picaridin formula which is approved by CDC
- Equal or even better performance than DEET based repellents proven in clinical tests result
- No damage to gear, would not affect your Jackets, fishing Line or other synthetic materials
- 0.092 fl. oz. (2.7 ml) Net Content Each Wipe (12 pc)
- Recommended concentration guards against diseases transmitted by insects
- Other Ingredients: water, ethyl alcohol and polyethylene glycol 400
- Provides protection from mosquitoes, ticks and other biting flies
Natrapel 8-hour insect repellent Spray
Natrapel 8 hour is a lightly scented, DEET-Free insect repellent. The repellent is produced with the CDC approved 20% Picaridin formulation. Natrapel 8 hour has shown to provide protection against mosquitoes, black flies, ticks, and other biting insects. Enjoy the outdoors longer with peace and tranquility without the noise or bites of mosquitoes and all this without the greasy smell of DEET.
More so, Natrapel® 8-hour will not damage gears, fishing line and other synthetic materials. The 1oz. size can easily be slip into purses or pockets and you are set.
Features and Benefits:
20% Picaridin is the approved concentration to ward off diseases carrying insects.
It is portable - 1oz bottle can easily be packed anywhere.
No damage to your gears, fishing line or synthetic materials.
Lasts all day: Enjoy 8- full hours of insect protection!
Composition/Information on Ingredients:
- Picaridin [1-Piperdinecarboxylic acid, 2-(2hydroxyethyl)-, 1-methylpropyl-ester] - 20%
- Water - 20% to 30%
- Ethyl alcohol - 20% to 30%
- Polyethylene Glycol 400 - 15% to 30%
- Polyethylene Glycol 400 - 15% to 30%
- Hiking / Backpacking
- Rock Climbing
- Fishing trips
Some customers in reviews of mosquitoe repellents have expressed satisfaction in the effectiveness of Natrapel 8-hour spray in keeping away mosquitoes from them. One happy user testify below:
‘Natrapel 8-Hour is a Picaridin based mosquito spray. It repels mosquitoes and black flies. It is a very effective insect repellent and the citronella scent is very pleasant and it is a chemical alternative to DEET. It is safe for kids and on fabrics. I love that it is non greasy and comes in an easy to use spray bottle and it is also very easy to find. It comes in a neon green bottle. Perfect for the beach, hiking, swimming or just relaxing in your back yard. Just spray it on and you are ready to tackle the nastiest mosquitoes’.
Natural Insect Repellent
If you decide to opt for a natural base insect repellent make sure the active ingredient used in the repellent have an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approval. This means the active ingredient of the product have been tested for its efficacy and safety by regulators. By just grabbing any natural insect repellent and use without prior checking can be risky as you may eventually expose yourself to insect bites and potential serious diseases.
Natural insect repellents are better called botanic repellent; they consist of extracts such as oils of plants chemical substances or the synthetic chemicals that exactly replicate the natural existing plant substances.
Botanic repellents will likely be labeled ‘natural’ on the container examples includes lemon oil eucalyptus, geraniol, peppermint, soybean, lemon grass, citronella and rosemary.
Products containing these substances are not registered with the Environmental Protection Agency and have not been evaluated since they do not pose any safety risks even in very high doses. As a result manufacturers of these products do not need to prove to the regulators their effectiveness.
Botanic repellents are generally not effective in repelling insects. They can ward off insects on very short time bases (one hour or two) and may not work well in very difficult environmental conditions with intense insect population. To achieve any effectiveness these products needs constant reapplication.
Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus
It is a similar in name to Lemon oil eucalyptus. But the two substances are different and should therefore not be confused. Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus is an effective natural chemical insect repellent obtained by extracting oil from the gum of eucalyptus tree. The chemical substance in the oil is PMD (para-methane-3,8-diol). It is an effective insect repellent which have been evaluated and tested by regulators.
On the other hand Lemon oil eucalyptus is obtained by extracting oil from small twigs and leaves of the lemon eucalyptus tree. The oil is composed of substances such as PMD in variable amounts and citronella.
Repel Lemon Eucalyptus Natural Insect Repellent
The active ingredient in this natural insect repellent is oil of lemon eucalyptus. This product is EPA approved.
- Protects against mosquitoe bites for up to 6 hours.
- Ward off mosquitoes that may transmit the malaria parasites, zika, dengue and West Nile viruses
- Have strong soft scent
- Does not stain or damage clothing and furniture
Ideal for out-doors activities such as short walk and hanging in the backyard.